are they running yet.

Discussion in 'Shad Talk' started by litltman, Jan 29, 2008.

1. litltman

litltman New Member

State:
    ------
    I use to go shad fishing with a friend each year, I was to young to recall the month, and he is to old to remember me or anyone anymore, ( god bless him ) when he caught shad he would eat them like any other fish. It wasn't untill this year that I joined the BOC. that I found out you could use them for bait. ? is this. here in s,c. when do they run. I'm close to lynches river. 45 minutes from little pee dee river. I remember it was cold when he caught his shad.he used a green colored jig. on rod & reel. thanks. have a blessed day

2. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    the run has started here in Ga,
    so I would say it has bro.

3. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    We're seeing a few hickories move here, but not much on white shad yet from what I've heard, but we're a bit farther north too.

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    froze up in indiana :angry:

5. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hickory and American Shad start to show up in the James river around the 15th of March. By April 1 its wide open. By May 1 they have all spawned and left us for the year until next Spring.

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Don't think they are running down here yet. I am waiting to stock up.

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Steve, I've heard of a few American and Hickory Shad being caught already in the Santee & Cooper Rivers, mostly bucks, but the best time will be later in February, March and into early April. Don't know about your area, because I've never fished for them up that way. :smile2: