are they hitting for u

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by JERMSQUIRM, Sep 1, 2005.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    are they hitting in your all neck of the woods. its been a little slow here the last few times out. i caught two small 15" fish last time out and the time before a 3#er. and that ain't usual. anybody doing any good latly. im gonna go out again this weekend sometime. juat seems to be slow. with the water temps up and the metabolism up i figured they would be feeding better this time of year. or maybe i need to relocate.

2. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Hmmm....Maybe you need a Fishing Doctor to ride with you in your boat, watch you catch bait, then use that bait, and fish the same areas you are in attempt to make a diagnosis of Clinton Lake. I Know a good one who will buy plenty of "Medicine" if the fish aren't biting. :grin-big:

Ray

3. bankpoleken

bankpoleken New Member

State:
    Mattoon, Illinois
    I ran 20 bankpoles last Wednesday night and never caught a fish. I was using chicken liver and cut bluegill for bait. I haven't caught a fish the last three times out. Hope it picks up when the water cools down.

4. cmpfsh03

cmpfsh03 New Member

I went out today about 9:30 a.m.to one of my favorite spots on the mighty vermin with one of my fishin buddies.after catching bait and fishin with live gills for about an hour, i decided to cast a few times with my bass rod which is a medium,light rod.my lure was a three inch white grub on a quarter ounce jig head. i usually catch nice small and largemouth or striper and an occasional walley or crappie. i had just respooled this rod with fresh ten pound test before i went out,after two passes by this rock i had just moved my catfish pole loaded with 50 lb. test and a live 8 inch gill something slammes my little bass rod and has me caught up for an hour and a half.today i landed a 27 lb. flathead on a medium,light bass rod 10lb. test and had another break my leadhead hook in half! GOIN OUT TOMARROW ! IVE SEEN MR.FOURTY THIS YEAR AND STILL WAITIN FOR MR. FIFTY :D

5. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    last 2 times out and not a bite. i figure with all the rain they moved to the back of the lake. might try someplace different this weekend, if i can afford the gas! lol

6. johnboat

johnboat New Member

State:
    pontiac il.
    ain't hardly caught a thing here in the last week.. my best day/night was a week ago when i got 3 eating size channels in 4 hours... need more rain to bring them out of hiding... :sad:

7. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I took my oldest brother out for the first time in 10 years yesterday. We were drifting at Baldwin Lake. He caught a 14# BLUE, my son caught an 8# BLUE and I caught a 7# FLATHEAD. All were caught on cut bluegill.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i went out last sat and me and the neighbor both took our boats. i caught 1 small 15" on shad in 2 hrs so i went home. they stayed a bit longer and caught a 9# and an 11# on worm. :confused:

9. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    Check out the Fall Bite thread. :p