Are they biting?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by poopdeck [patrick], Aug 9, 2009.

1. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I And other people would like to know how the bite was last night. I want to go fishing but I have been waiting untill they started biting. How was it bad, fair good? Or can someone tell me how they been biting in the last week?

2. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Either Im gettin lucky or there starting to bite.

Last two outings have been catching some decent ones on the mississippi. Both Flats and Blues

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Go fishin and make your own report.:wink:
    No fun when you only go when someone else is catchin em.:smile2:

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee

Their pickin' up..

5. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Thanks guys, the reasson I asked is I am on social security and money is tight. I live forty miles from the miss, by the time I pay for gas in the jeep and boat it cost close to forty bucks.

6. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    In case you wanted to know why I am on social security it is for erectile dysfunction.

7. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo

LOL, you aint right !!!:big_smile:

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    In that case, you can feel quite secure when your being social.:wink:

9. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    :crazy: I thought it was your irritable bowell syndrome:eek:oooh:

10. shawn 314

shawn 314 New Member

State:
    st. louis
    Wow piper thats harsh:eek:oooh: well i guess what he did was degrading to the boat huh:smile2:

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Back to the topic at hand for a bit eh? :smile2:

Folks for the last couple of weeks, the majority of the fish that I've been seeing caught are coming from the main river channel. Yes, even right out in the middle of it. I'm hearing a lot of reports of the fish coming out of 20 to 30 feet, and by the sounds of it they are biting just about everything, asians, mooneyes, shad, and skipjack. The wing dykes that are closest to the main river channel tend to be the better ones right now.

If history repeats itself, the current gauge forcast predict a slight rise in the river levels which should bring the fish in a bit closer to the banks and should lend itself to a better bite for a few days. Looking outside, today is just one of those days you SHOULD be on the river, but my honey do list is gettin in the way of that.

When the river is on fast drawdowns, and has low levels already, the fish tend to retract towards the channel. I can only assume that is some sort of self preservation mechanism the fish have to avoid being trapped in pools, but its only a guess.

12. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Thanks Cuz, that is the kind of useful iformation I like. I will try to get out today or in the morning and put it to good use.

13. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO

Kind of like Cuz's self preservation mechanism of completing the honey do's before going back out on the river....

14. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Good luck Patrick! Good information Cuz, that sounds pretty right on the money to me. We had the best luck with mooneye, skipjack and some guys were catching their fish on asian as well.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  15. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Sounds like the bite is picking up but I still haven't seen any name change there Nanner...:wink: :wink: I certainly hope those honey do's don't interfere with the our priorities.:big_smile: :big_smile:

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    forgot to add, seems the fish have been holding on areas that require approx 8 to 10 ounces of wait. So if you can find ANY kind of current break near the main channel, it could be good. of course, the river is coming up 5 feet now. :smile2:

17. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Name change??? So let it be written, so let it be done. He He He. Gotta love it there Nanner man. Well I think I will slip on outta here now. Gotta peel out to Warrenton.

18. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    hehehe.............. tooo funny

19. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    I am glad to see the name change, now if he would use ole swampy's pic we could call him "chiquita nanner":big_smile:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  20. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I know all my fish came out of straight line current near the main channel Saturday....however after the tourney, I was speaking to several of the fellas, including the 3rd place winner. I heard from several of them that they were catching fish in water depths 2-10 feet! :crazy: