Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Luey,
I made a post in the Flathead Catfish section about my outting last Friday night. It was a little slow but I finally got my first of '08. So yeah they are starting to move around a little.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
hey luey, i went out this past weekend on the canals and had no luck. i went to mittry as well and not even a bite. hopefully the water will start warming up a little and turn them on again in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went to a few different places on the canals but nothing, then I tried at laguna dam and nothing.
You know how you see the occasional fish cruising near the bank once in a while?, there was nothing, that why I am saying I can't even find any fish right now.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
yeah they have all of the fishing jetti's at mittry cleared out now. on the canal behind mittry i went and spotted about a dozen big gills and some descent bass hanging around the rocky cliff banks just above where the canal goes under the mountain. i couldnt get them to hit anything though. i guess we will just have to wait until they become active again.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Im not particularly fond of the place with all the snowbirds and general crowdidness (is there such a word?) but Fortuna pond has been giving a little action. I heard the it was recently stocked. I was there looking for gills on Sunday and saw a few folks pulling out trout. My buddy got a couple of channels out of there too on Friday.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im not particularly fond of the place with all the snowbirds and general crowdidness (is there such a word?) but Fortuna pond has been giving a little action. I heard the it was recently stocked. I was there looking for gills on Sunday and saw a few folks pulling out trout. My buddy got a couple of channels out of there too on Friday.

Fortuna pond is a good place to take the kids to. I have taken them there and they like it, during the summer they even get in the water. That is where I got my first bass last year and my girl had a couple of nice cats from there. I am surprised there is still trout in there, they stocked it back in december, I wonder if they did it again?
You are right thou, there is a lot of poeple there at this time of the year.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
i might go out there this weekend. i am going to go somewhere i can promise you that. the weather is nice enough and i cant stand to sit in the house anymore. i will either go to fortuna or out to the canals.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
yeah i am pretty happy about that. i will go out and set up some bank rods and try and catch a few.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
i have found some pretty good spots on the gila main that i havent fished yet so i will probably hit them up. if they dont work out today i might go to the river tommorow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.