Are they biting yet?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Little Luey, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Ih anyone catching any cats in Arizona yet? I am just not able to find them yet and I soo want to catch some.

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Luey,
    I made a post in the Flathead Catfish section about my outting last Friday night. It was a little slow but I finally got my first of '08. So yeah they are starting to move around a little.

3. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Good for you man, I am still struguling, but I am on the banks and after a while of no action I move around trying to find them, no luck so far.

4. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Yeah, I noticed on Sunday that all of the canal spots around Mitry were really low. The river was okay Friday night until the wind picked up.

5. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hey luey, i went out this past weekend on the canals and had no luck. i went to mittry as well and not even a bite. hopefully the water will start warming up a little and turn them on again in the next couple of weeks.

6. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I went to a few different places on the canals but nothing, then I tried at laguna dam and nothing.
    You know how you see the occasional fish cruising near the bank once in a while?, there was nothing, that why I am saying I can't even find any fish right now.

7. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I do better at Mittry chasing bass and panfish, I only got a baby cat last year at Mittry.
    Did you notice they are taking the brush off the banks by the fishing piers?

8. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    yeah they have all of the fishing jetti's at mittry cleared out now. on the canal behind mittry i went and spotted about a dozen big gills and some descent bass hanging around the rocky cliff banks just above where the canal goes under the mountain. i couldnt get them to hit anything though. i guess we will just have to wait until they become active again.

9. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Im not particularly fond of the place with all the snowbirds and general crowdidness (is there such a word?) but Fortuna pond has been giving a little action. I heard the it was recently stocked. I was there looking for gills on Sunday and saw a few folks pulling out trout. My buddy got a couple of channels out of there too on Friday.

10. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona

Fortuna pond is a good place to take the kids to. I have taken them there and they like it, during the summer they even get in the water. That is where I got my first bass last year and my girl had a couple of nice cats from there. I am surprised there is still trout in there, they stocked it back in december, I wonder if they did it again?
    You are right thou, there is a lot of poeple there at this time of the year.

11. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    i might go out there this weekend. i am going to go somewhere i can promise you that. the weather is nice enough and i cant stand to sit in the house anymore. i will either go to fortuna or out to the canals.

12. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Joey,
    I saw the weather forecast for this weekend and it looks like mid to high 80's with 88 on Sunday:crazy:. I guess that means that the flatties will be on the move come night fall.

13. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    yeah i am pretty happy about that. i will go out and set up some bank rods and try and catch a few.

14. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Hey Joey, where you going to do the bank fishing??? riv or canal?

Bayrunner Ray

15. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    i have found some pretty good spots on the gila main that i havent fished yet so i will probably hit them up. if they dont work out today i might go to the river tommorow.