Are they biting yet?

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by OhioRiver, May 21, 2009.

1. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Just wondering if anyone is catching any fish yet?

2. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Not much think I'll take up knitting.:big_smile:

3. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Well Eric up here in the northern part of the state me and bigcatfish64 have been tearing them up at times. Catching a lot of channels some up to the 15lb range. Many ranging from 5 to 8 lbs. We are ready to hit the ohio. Is the water still up down there? Are you catching any there?

4. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The water is almost down to pool level now. And its not supposed to rain for a while, so dont look for it to go back up right now. My nephew caught some small channels at the cannelton boat ramp last week. We dont have a boat, so we have to sit on the banks and fish. I havent really heard about anyone catching any, but that doesnt mean they arent. Im going on an all nighter on sunday night, so we will see what happens. My friend darrell caught some skipjacks yesterday, which gets my hopes up :)... I cant wait to get down there!

5. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Are you guys getting skips down there often? And do you know where to get some around Derby?:0a23:

6. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    well i know the skips are still biting at the newburgh lock and dam and the kittys are biting there also.

7. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    where are you from eric

8. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Close to Tell City in Perry County

9. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana

Need a fishin buddy? I need to find a few to go out with since I dont have a boat

10. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    always in search of a fishin buddy. we arent that far apart. im in evansville u ever fish newburgh ne. i have a boat. and im selling it to buy a bigger one. im taking it out tomorrow and fishing the ohio for a bit

11. Darrell L

Darrell L New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Bigcatfish64 I would try the mouth of Oil creek and the flats by Mano Point boat ramp they used to extend pretty far out from the bank. a couple of weeks ago the skips had eggs in them about half way to lay but not sure about their time frame on nesting. they may even be up in the creek a ways by now. below the dam around cannelton the water is clearing up a little right now so your fly rigs may work great. but be sure to bring some small white curly tail grubs with ya also. beklow the dam the level is about a foot or so above pool " going by the water on the banks". hope you hav lots of luck talk to ya later on : Darrell L

12. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Just wanted to know Darrell if you traditionally have better luck on the Ohio river when the water level has been stable for awhile or is on the rise? Here that is generally what I look for before going out on the smaller rivers. We generally have good luck in the conditions. We have only fished the Ohio 2 times so far and different locations. Current seems to be a lot better than no current. Thanks again.

13. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    ive caught fish in all the conditions u describe... to me u cant catch fish unless you get out there and fish for them.

14. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Went out last night, fishing was slow the river was dropping about a foot. Happened to get a 26 and a 10# blue. River will be close to pool in about a week if the rain stays away.

15. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    we got 8 flatheads last night in an undisclosed location on the ohio river.. a couple were nice fish!!:wink:

16. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    u didnt break out the cable to use on those big boys this time did you.