Are they biting im not catching a thing

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by big cat, Apr 22, 2007.

1. big cat

big cat New Member

State:
    Iowa
    has anybody been catching a thing i cant even get a bite if u have gotton a bite what are you using and are you on the bottom or are you drifting with a bobber what are you catching pleae help me im thickin about given up:doubt: :cry: :angry_2: :006: :0a22:

2. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    are you fishing lake, river, stream? what bait, what presentation? this is all valuable info on helping you catch more fish.

3. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I tried the east nishna last week , had some bites but no hook - ups , was using dead gills.

4. dano40

dano40 New Member

State:
    Spirit lake, Iowa
    Almost everything is biting up here at the lakes.

5. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    IVE BEEN CATCHING A FEW EVERY TIME I GO...SEEM TO BE DOIN THE BEST FROM ABOUT 8 TIL MIDNIGHT USING CUT BLUEGIL AND CHUBS ON THE BOTTOM...IVE BEEN ATLEAST 15 TIMES AND CAUGHT ATLEAST ONE EVERYTIME...MOST AROUND THE 2 POUND RANGE BUT A FEW UP TO 6...I HAVE BEEN FISHING SMALL RIVERS AND LAKES MOSTLY...ALSO FISHED THE DES MOINES THIS LAST WEEKEND

6. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Had a good weekend fishing the Des Moines around fort Dodge, caught a slew of fish ranging from 2-9lbs. We were using carp and sucker cut bait!

softer baits are going to be better right now as the fish come out of their winter slumber

7. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I just caught an 8lb channel cat out of a river along with two 2lbers tonight - all with nightcrawlers. they weren't hitting anything else at all. i was fishing closer to the bank since it was nighttime. i have a feeling these next few nights are going to be amazing times for fishing.

8. redwiskers

redwiskers New Member

State:
    iowa
    I fished the Des Moines this weekend. Tried cut chubs, live chubs, and nightcrawlers. Only bites came on the crawlers and I'm sad to say I missed them. I must be a little rusty.

9. lilrivercatman

lilrivercatman New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ronald where are you fishing at? Around Denison? In the river, yellowsmoke, nelsons, tuckers?

10. mad catter

mad catter Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have been catching some cats in the lakes. Mostly right before night, using cut bait and chubs. Running around 3 lbs to 7 lbs.

11. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    don't feel bad, i'm not catching anything either.

12. mad catter

mad catter Member

State:
    Iowa
    Catching only bullheads right now, no cats.

13. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    take a look at the new avatar. they ARE biting...:big_smile: