Are there crawdads in LOZ?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by beeheck, Aug 11, 2007.

1. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    I have a question for people on Lake of the Ozark, are the crawdads in the lake and more toward the lower end of the lake? I'm thinking about making a crawdad trap as seen in the BOC Library but really see no reason to make on if there are no crawdads in the lake. Would kind of remind me of my old fur trapping days, I think I did more for bring back the raccoons in this area to their former high numbers by my feeding them.

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    There's crawdads pretty much everywhere. Just a matter of finding them I suppose.

3. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Thanks for the input, I know it's kind of a off question and I think there should be crawdads in the lake but if there isn't I don't know where to go to use a trap in my area as I don't live there, just a part timer. Didn't want to build a trap for nothing. Thanks again.

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There are hoards of crawfish in LOZ. Put your trap in the right place, and you will likely have enough for bait, AND supper.:roll_eyes:

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I can't think of any body of water that i have ever been to in the midwest that did not have crawdads.

6. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    I I think I would look for a place with a rocky bank and set it there you should get a pretty good mess that way.

7. unclebill85

unclebill85 New Member

State:
    Lee's Summit, Missouri
    As Jeff suggested, FIND ROCKS and you will find CRAWDADDY'S! Good luck... :big_smile: