Are there Blue Catfish in Thunderbird?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by daniel-delarosa, Jan 18, 2010.

1. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    Going to set some jugs and stuff this weekend. I would like to get on some blues. The closest lake to set jugs is Thunderbird. I have never been there before, so if anyone has some advice for a very novice fisherman, Im all ears!:fingers-crossed:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  2. part time catman

part time catman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thunderbird has some in there

3. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Thunderbird has lots of Blues.

4. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    i always fish thunderbird thats the fish in my avatar caught on a jug there... next time you head out there ill tag along if you dont mind, my boats not running lol...

5. sunandmoonfishing.co

sunandmoonfishing.co New Member

State:
    Tulsa, OK
    Yes there are blues in Thunderbird lake (Norman, OK). It's the only lake I have ever noodled with the game rangers watching me. Me and Little Mike used to noodle, jug fish and limb line thunderbird in the ealy 80's. There are some nasty illegal snag lines under the bridges. If you hook a nice fish on a jug it will head for those snag lines. The game warden does not seem to care about them. (probably his own) Anyway, the shallow North side of the briges is an awsome spawning ground for blue cats. If you go there a little later the giant drum pole fishing is awesome. There are so many huge drum, "drumming" they will vibrate your boat. I caught 30 small crappie under the bridge with light tackle and used them all for bait. I never had to buy any bait.
    Good Luck!