Are there Blue Catfish in the Wabash River?

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by gone_fishin, May 31, 2006.

1. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    I've caught tons of channels and a flathead from the Wabash but never one single blue. Do they inhabit the Wabash.

2. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah there are some,especially farther south toward terra haute. i've heard of some being caught around lafayette too. there just scattered here and there pretty much

3. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    theres defenitely some nice blues in the wabash. my biggest is a 25# with rod and reel, last week i caught a 40# with a limb line and a live bluegill. rumor has it years ago a guy caught an 80# by the bridge in clinton.

4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    My fishing partner just settled down with a girl and now I really don't have anyone to fish with anymore so we'll have to set something up. Well I'm still looking for some good flathead spots, the ones I fish the most are in the Georgetown and Lockport area. I've seen a lot of nice flatheads caught by the State Hospital under the highway 35 bridge. I fished there tonight and caught a 8 lb channel and I had a few good bites. I had something large on though and it broke my 65# power pro line.

5. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    Another question, are they going to be in the deeper water or where might they be roaming day and night?

6. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have seen some lower 20lb. class blues come from the Wabash in Huntington county.