Are there big blue catfish in the White River?

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by grizzly, Aug 31, 2006.

1. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Does anybody catch big blues out of the White River? For me it's the closest river and with gas prices the best choice for me. I have caught channels and blues around 5 & 6# on R&R, but I would like to ge into larger fish. I usually fish out of Georgetown, which is between Augusta and Des Arc, but have been thinking of moving upstream above where the Little Red empties in just to get into a little warmer water. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks, grizzly

2. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    hey grizzly,me and a buddy fish close to georgetown. we launch at red river and go toward there. if you launch at georgetown head up river and fish the 2nd bend to the left. look for a big cut in the bank on the bluff side.theres lots of trees showing and a lot more under.find the top about 20 yards from the bank and tie up.its a big limb thats about 10" thick and there is 3 big limbs on it. fish the current line. thats where we fish. pulled a 12 pound blue out and hung some bigger lost them due to tops. if you cant find it let me know and i'll show you. some good holes on up river to. maybe we can get together some day and i'll show them to you. good luck. the best time to catch the bigger fish is when the river reads 11 to 12 feet at augusta. hope this helps you .

robbie

3. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Thanks Robbie, I didn't want to take over your hole, just a lttle general info. I put in at Nemo this morn. and went down to the White and fished for a while with no luck. On the Little Red the deepest hole I found was right at the Nemo ramp. 25 yards straight out from the ramp it was 36 feet deep and my fishfinder was showing lots of fish. When I came back I anchored and fished there, got a couple of bites but missed both. Probably using to big of hooks. Did you understand where the goldfish is? Maybe we can get together for a trip sometime and you can see how bad of a fisherman I really am. grizzly

4. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    grizzly,i know where the goldfish are . you go ahead and fish that hole i cant catch them all. i was on the river myself this morning might have seen you who knows.i caught four little channels not really any size.

robbie