Are there any tidal James River Guides that use this board?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by bullydog, Jun 22, 2009.

1. bullydog

bullydog New Member

State:
    VA
    I was wanting to go fishing on the James the week after the 4th of july. There was going to be Me my wife and 5year old son. If anyone had any suggestions just let me know.
    Thanks
    Adam

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Capt Hugh was listed on here.See if you can get him and I guarantee you will have a good time and catch fish.:big_smile:

3. madcatter

madcatter New Member

State:
    West Virgina
    Bullydog, try James River Catfish Guide Service, there's several listed there

4. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Hugh's not on here anymore.

Google any of these guys and you should have a great shot at some big fish:

Captain Hugh Self
    Chris Eberwein
    Neil Renouf
    Big Cat Guide Service, Scott Cannon
    Kevin Salmon

They all have websites.

5. bullydog

bullydog New Member

State:
    VA
    I looked at a couple websites that said they only fish sept-april. Whats up with that?

6. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    Its mostly due to the spawn, heat and thats when the big ones bite really good. I see them on the river all the time with people on their boats so give them a hollar and they might be able to hook you up.

7. t-roy

t-roy Member

State:
    va
    bullydog. kevin salmon is the man on the james. went out with him and my buddy caught a 68 lb. this was his first blue cat. he is now obcessed.we also put a 46 and a 22 in the boat. it was the hottest day in october that i can recall.kevin specializes in 60 lb+ cats. he fishes at night time this time of year. his web site is www.jrcgs.com you will not be disappointed.
    t-roy