Are there any double drop rig fans out there?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by jeremiad, Jul 18, 2007.

1. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I purchased a wire double-drop rig but have never used it. I simply find it too easy to rig up the "usual." Snagging up and losing the first one I tried using doesn't help.

Are there any double-drop rig users out there who have great success with this setup? Should I drop everything and start using this interesting contraption?

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use hand tied double drops when drift fishing, depending on how fast i want to tie it as to the method I use.

3. jeremiad

State:
    Virginia
    I'm thinking about attaching this double-drop rig to a jug and seeing what happens!

4. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I use it from time to time when I fish open water. I tie my own and love it. Id think it would work great on jugs too.

5. jeremiad

State:
    Virginia
    Well, I tried tying my own one time, but gave up after a while. I'll stick with pre-tying leaders on hooks...nothing more advanced than this!

Some Wal-Marts have these metal wire double-drop rigs hanging by the handfuls, all for under a dollar a-piece, or in packages of two for even less. If they work, I guess I'll use them!

By the way, I learned that West Virginia outlaws jug fishing of any kind...kinda wierd being that they allow trot lines! :confused2:

6. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Jeremiad
    I enjoy using double drop shot rigs in the river. I tie a 2 oz no roll sinker on the bottom, up about 1 foot tie about a 6" Loup with about a 4/0 circle hook with bait, up about another foot the same thing. I can handle about three of these rigs a total of 6 baits. I think this increases my fish action a lot. I do get a lot of tangles and have to hustle to keep up sometimes. I do secure my rods good to the pole holders, which are stuck deep in the ground with the drags not too tight. I have bells on all the rods even during the day so can keep track of which are biting. Luck

7. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    been thinking about trying these any one show me how to tie these by hand i dont trust the ones from the stores thanks