Are there any catfish in the Smith River?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by WHEELMOBILE07, Apr 25, 2006.

1. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Going to a friends house next weekend. He lives in Axton right on the smith river. Would there be any hope of catching any cats at all there?
    Just wondering.

Wheeler

2. gtva

gtva Member

State:
    Bassett, VA
    I didn't know the Smith circled through Axton. I know down near Eden it has channels and bullheads, and I have heard claims of flatheads caught behind the old Kmart in Martinsville. There are also some huge carp below Martinsville. I'll probably be on Philpott fishing at Union Bridge Thursday night. Friday I have to put the new trolling motor on my boat, and will fish somewhere from here to Buggs Friday night if it's not raining.
    Anyone who wants to head out give me a yell.L8er,
    GT

3. bigtimingcats69

bigtimingcats69 New Member

State:
    Stuart, Virginia
    hey man i dont know if im going this weekend or not but me and one of my buddies were thinking about going to buggs or to smith mtn lake but if that dont happen then me and some other guy were going to danville so maybe ill see ya somewhere. Might just end up going to union tomoro nite.

4. gtva

gtva Member

State:
    Bassett, VA
    Did no good at all. I think the temperature swings from day to night have slowed the bite, it sure slowed me. Maybe next weekend.
    GT