Are The Steam Plants in Middle TN Generating?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by festus, Nov 11, 2009.

1. festus

festus New Member

Just wondering if Gallatin and Cumberland City are firing up their boilers. We've had so much rain in East Tennesee that Kingston, Bull Run, and John Sevier Steam Plants are costing too much to run, and TVA is primarily going to generate from the dams. We have a lot of upset fishermen up here. :confused2: You can't get much better fishing than the area of Bull Run and Kingston during the dead of winter, the colder the better. Well, not this year. :angry:

2. Brad30110

Brad30110 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Cumberland Citys been running on 1 of 2 stacks which has made things slow down here. It needs to cool off so the water temps will go down alittle more. During the winter Cumberland city isn't a bad place to be.

Yesterday I took the boat up to Cheatham Dam from Lock B, found alot of fish on the sonar around 12 ft deep, but nothing was biting. They were running a couple turbines, but not letting any water through the dam. There was a few guys catching sauger, and they said the smallmouth were hitting near creeks. I need a good place for skipjack!

3. festus

festus New Member

Yeah, I thought about going fishing today but am glad now I backed out. This cool front and northeast wind is probably not helping matters. And we've had over an inch of rain over the past couple of days.

I heard the wind blowing hard all night, and was surprised there were no trees down. But at 5:08 this morning, I thought I heard a hunter bust a cap out in the woods. That wasn't the case, apparently a transformer blew out down the road, our power was out and I didn't see any lights anywhere over in the subdivision through the woods, well not really any lights anywhere else either. So it was really to dark to get ready to go and our electricity didn't come back on until much later.

So I may go fishing either Thur or Fri.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009