Are the Spoonbill running yet in Illinois?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by JimF, Apr 5, 2006.

1. JimF

JimF New Member

State:
    IL
    I was wondering if anyone has been getting any spoonbill here in IL.

2. Buknasty

Buknasty New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yes!So far my friends (fat_fish55, Quicnyfisher, and Kickinwing) have caught a total of 5 in the past 3 weeks. Hopefully Thursday I will catch one also.

3. RiverOtter

RiverOtter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah. I'm friends with all those guys too and i saw some of those spoonies get caught. Here at Meyer dam, so far, 7 spoonies have been snagged by BOC members.

4. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Anybody snaggin around Chain Of Rocks or the Alton Dam and are you doing any good? The river should be rising a little and was just wondering cuz I havent been snaggin in a while and wouldnt mind a spoonie filet or two!

5. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I was down at chain o rocks last saterday and they snagged 3 while i was there.:crying:

6. TeamCatHazzard

State:
    Illinois
    Hmmm sounds like it is pretty slow then. I didnt even get to snag at all last year and would really like to get a chance to do it this year if it ever turns back on. I wish the darn river would come up though!

7. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    The river is too high here right now, so they have all the flood gates open.
    Snagging is going to be slow until they close the gates again. :sad:

8. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Snagging spoonies has been real good the last few days at chain of rocks . I heard alton was too.

9. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    I got a spoonbill without at a bill at Meyer.
    The dam dam workers need to close those gates so the gettin will get good again for the spoons.

10. bondman

bondman New Member

State:
    Vandalia, IL
    spoonies are being caught at both the chain of rocks and also the dam at alton watched quite a few come out of the dam area

11. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    There was a giant one caught at chain of rocks today and a lot of others too.

12. TeamCatHazzard

State:
    Illinois
    Seems like th spoonies have slowed down a lot. At least down at the chain. I was down there Saturday night and Sunday night for quite a while and there werent many caught at all. Nothing of any size either so they may be more out in the middle or moved on. Anybody doing any good snaggin below Alton?