Are the lakes filled with water now?

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by harper81, Mar 3, 2009.

1. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    I know Wateree was down a bit, but the way they have been dumping water I am wondering if all the lakes are at full pool. Looking on USGS (http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?02169810) it shows the Santee river at flood stage and it seems odd that they would dump so much water that it would flood down stream unless the lakes can't handle anymore.

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    From a report I read on another site,Wateree is at or over flood stage,said that tons of debris,even loose boats were floating down the lake with parts of docks tied to them,they will be giving and recieving water for quite a few days to come

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nope, they are using beer this year. :eek:oooh: Here's your sign. :crazy: J/K! Had a Foxworthy moment. :smile2:

4. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Funny....I noticed that after I read what I wrote, but i was hoping nobody else caught it.:tounge_out:

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    If you go to the Carolina Catfish Club website site there is a link to the Duke Energy websites for lake levels.

The CCC site is www.carolinacatfishclub.com

6. bassgasm2002

bassgasm2002 New Member

State:
    sc
    pier at wateree is under water almost in the front door:crazy: dunno about santee haven't heard anything.

7. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    Clarks Hill lake has rose almost 5 feet since last Friday. I couldnt believe what I was seeing when I read the Savannah Water Control website yesterday.

8. Robbie Norton

Robbie Norton New Member

State:
    Florence S.C
    I would think so with all the rain that we got over the weekend.:roll_eyes:

9. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Murray is in the trees.

10. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 New Member

State:
    Central, SC
    Lots of debri floating in Lake Hartwell now, so anyone out there should use caution, even out on the BIG water. Seen a floater yesterday that could take out a transom of a boat....................:crazy: