Are the catfish biting?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by CJ21, Mar 18, 2007.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am wondering is the cats biteing this time of year? I am going to go in the morning and find out.

2. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Oh yeah. In some of the rivers around here it's prime-time cat season.

3. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Me and my wife went fishing saturday got there late. It was about 10:00Am and left about 4:00 pm We were using liver and minnows and caught 2. One was about 6 ozs and one about 2lbs. It was perty windey the lake was trying to white cap.

4. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    yea, try use nightcrawler and cutbait shad.

5. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    A buddy of mine and his grown son caught 16 nice keepers Saturday.
    They were fishing a large creek near where it flows into the skunk.
    He claimed they were trying to get out of the current.
    Skunk is in flood mode.

6. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    yea ive been catchin them here in ohio on nightcrawlers and rotten shad guts....it hasnt been a real heavy action but its been good

7. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I was out yeseterday fishing for crappie on Lake lanier only caught a bunch of little yellow perch cut one up for cutbait and through him out had one decent run but I was pretty far from the pole and was gone when I got there. The fish were biting good before I got to georgia but this cold front shut the fishing down. It is warming up here again so hopefully this weekend it will be back to normal

8. Ryan11r

Ryan11r New Member

State:
    Newton Kansas
    I have been out 9 hours over the last two days and havent caught anything. I might try again tonite for a few hours.(its still fun)

9. spanishcatman

spanishcatman New Member

State:
    United Kingdom
    They're biting where I like to fish. A guy and his mate just had 17 for 7 hours fishing and eight of those were over 100 pounds! Their backs must be sore! 2 fish in another stretch were over 200 pounds each; I didn't see the fish, but I trust the source of the info 100%. I can't wait to get out there again, just have to wait for my work to slow down a little. :(

10. KGK20

KGK20 New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    I fish the mississppi below St. Louis and they arnt bitin yet the river is way up but caught a bunch of 4 to 6 inch channel cat in the throw net and lots of shad

11. FISHINSANTEE

FISHINSANTEE New Member

State:
    sc
    I know they are in the carolinas. Alot of people are drifting and fishing shallow.

12. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    All this talk of fishing gets me antsy, I sure wish the darn ice would leave.
    I think I will go to the river this week end and take a look, I'll bring a pole incase there is an open spot.:smile2:

13. FISHINSANTEE

FISHINSANTEE New Member

State:
    sc
    Sounds pretty cold Dave