Are Great Miami River flathead catfish done??

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Flatstalker, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Flatstalker

Flatstalker New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Are the FLATS done??Been fishing the GMR the last 3 nights and no luck! Not even a bite.Baits are cut shad gold fish blue gills...

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Don't fish that river much, usually on the Ohio, alot of guys on here do though. The bite has been tough everywhere and it isn't gonna change until we get some rain. Welcome to the site, I am sure someone who fishes that river more will give you some better info. This is a great site full of good people willing to help out.:wink:

3. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    Is it done? LOL. I have to ask did it ever really start! Time to hit any deeper holes I guess but from the looks there are so few "deep" holes with the GMR near historic lows and getting worse every day. I think hoping for rain is pointless but I may be proved wrong. I would recommend based on results a couple of weeks ago to try your favorite places during the day actually. Others may disagree but Mark and I landed 5 or 6 total in daylight in 3 outings, much better than I did all year at night. My .02 :)

4. david.lay25

david.lay25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    the part of the gmr i fish has been done for months your lucky to catch a bluegill its so shallow, cant even catch a turtle with liver if you placed it on its da gum head, but i hear its gonna rain this weekend so maybe just maybe well all get lucky, if not im going fishing in my bait tank with my ultra lite.maybe me and buddies can have a bait tank tourney.

5. Capt.mike jr

Capt.mike jr New Member

State:
    ohio
    The fish have moved to deeper water because of the decending water level butt if the water keeps on dropping we might be able to catch them on the lower roads with our cars lol i would fish good fresh baits in deeper water

6. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    i have caught channels two one trip and skunked this last trip we need rain badly rick

7. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    went out several times in the last 2 months. have only caught one fish . and that was my p.b. which i posted not long ago. i have only caught one flatt all year.

8. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Their done.

9. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    The only thing done around here is sorry state of Pennsyltukyginia.