Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most members on here are American like I, but I just had a random thought about 2 of our favorite catfish.

Does the states have the the best populations of blues and flatties??? I know Europe has the Wels, and was kinda curious if any other countries have good populations of blues and flatties???

I'm sure both are outside the U.S., but I never hear or read about bigguns being caught outside America.

Anyhow, feel free to add, I'm not trying to travel, but was a little curious about the background of our favorite catfish

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
i know mexico has flats,don't know about blues.canada may have blues have never heard of flats up there though.

but yeah,flats & blues,are american fish.atleast in my book they are.

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,666 Posts
From what I know, (which isn't much) flatheads, blues and channels do not occur outside this continent other than I have been told there are introduced channel cats in Hawaii but I don't know if that is true. If someone wants to pay to send me there I would be happy to check:biggrin:...W

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.