Are Flathead Catfish still spawning

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Catmanblues, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Tell us what you think. Are the flatheads still spawning or do you think it has to do with the heat or maybe even the lower water levels. Also what area are you in an what type fishing waters are you fishing suck as the river or lake. Let us know your opinions.

2. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think we are at the tail end of the spawn. Some areas (rivers) the flats are biting better than others. I only fish rivers for flats and thats my thoughts on them.

3. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    I fish mostly Ohio, Kananwha, and Big Sandy rivers(plus a couple more) and I think it is over for the year. A lot of people I talk with are complaining of a slow bite, but I have been having a pretty good bite, not like April,May and October but a good bite anyway.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  4. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    its been better but it aint bad i'd say they just got done catchin quite a few with battle wounds.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The flatheads spawn 12months a year where Roger fishes!:smile2:

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've used that excuse too Jack.. Why didn't you catch any: Well, their late spawn'rs! lol :wink:

7. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    still spawning at salt fork my friend got a 20lber that the eggs were falling out of her that was tonight

8. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    They are done on the Ohio out here in Indiana. Been catching them for weeks.