are bullheads and pond channels all year fish?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by foreverman, Nov 3, 2008.

1. foreverman

foreverman New Member

State:
    va
    I want to go have some fun at a little pond with the bullheads and channels can still do that.

2. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    weather is warm go for it before it gets cold rick

3. slowjamcdub

slowjamcdub New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yea fall turnover slows them down they are cold blooded some will still bite but not as much.

4. Tunastick

Tunastick New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I am not sure about the bullheads, but I have caught channels in ponds that had some ice on them. One pond has a strong running pipe that feeds it and hardly ever freezes up on that end and I could catch a fish or two within minutes anytime on fresh cut bait. Another pond I fished only once and was not sure if there was anything in it and did not have any decent bait. I found a can of corn and caught several channel cats on corn right away and that was in January in Northwest NC(cold)

5. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    Yes, you can still catch cats but will have to work harder at it. The bite slows down. The cats will not come to you. You have to find them. Also, you will need to down size your bait.

6. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I catch them year round here.

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I have caught them with ice on the water in small lakes and ponds they realy are easy to find just fish the deepest water you can find most of the time its at the levee:big_smile: