Are any Arkansas members catching any fish?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, Sep 13, 2005.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Post here to let us know what you catch and when. Please include the type bait used. :D

2. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    have been twice in last week and a half and going this evening i fish below 13. caught 3 up to 5lb nothing friday and 8 a week ago sat. i use cut shad , i usually fish a couple of hours at a time sometime between 2 and 5 in eve.tried nite fishing without much luck. i havent caught anything big yet.

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Boliver, Thanks for the update by the the way where is 13 located?

4. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    13 is at van buren about 5 miles south . i went yesterday they weren't running any water , caught 3 small ones.

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Boliver, Thanks again for the update, I have seen some nice blues and channels come from the dam here at Russellville. One blue looked to be bout 10 to 14 pounds that was caught. :D

6. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Bolivar, I never seem to catch anything around that dam, LOL I used to go alot. course I was fishing from the bank, might be diff if I was in a boat and could target. Rudy Know that place for sure. LOL FISH, whats a fish???? Top there aint no fish this way thier all down your way.... later. Mac

7. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    lil mac i fish below the genertor. i tried nite fishing no luck at all . i go of the evening because there is no one there then and it the only time other than nite i can go. down close to the bouies is where i atch most of my fish , but nothing big.i have just started rod and reel fishing and river fishing , still have a lot to learn i have trot lined frog for years.

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I know there are more people from Arkansas than Boliver, Mac and I. Have the new site turned you all off? please post in the Arkansas thread and let us know what you are catching. When I go fishing I always try to post and let you all know how we did. :confused:

9. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Bolivar, I grew up fishing the Frog boyou up in Mountainburg, Recently started fishing it where it dumps into clear creek park, and then on out to the river. Not bad at all of course depends on if the water is rising. When you say "bouys" you mean on the vanburen side over by the island channel? I usually fish on down below that Island at the first rock dike, still havent done any good there. I havent been in a while though.

10. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Top, I don't know if you can reach it casting from the bank, but there is a hole below the powerhouse at Dardanelle just about straight out from the white fence at the end of the turnaround of the lower parking lot.

11. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    We haven't been fishing in months. We got discouraged earlier this year when fishing was so bad, and now gas prices are putting us off. We plan on making a trip to dardanelle soon though. Anyone catching anything down there?

12. hoglaw

hoglaw New Member

I'm in the middle of school right now, not much chance to fish. I've been out to Bob Kidd lake a couple of times this summer, we've done okay. I'm convinced there are a few monsters in there. Also, we've tried one trip to Lincoln Lake (no motors allowed). We caught a hog-largemouth, but no cats. Probably 50 bullheads, but not a single channel. Probably fishing the wrong part of the lake. Anyhow, I'm headed out to Crooked Creek this weekend to smallmouth fish. We'll be camping, so we'll be going for channels all night tomorrow. If anyone has any advice on crooked (particularly between Snow and Kelly's Slab), I'd appriciate a heads up.
    On a personal note, I'm new to the site and I appriciate all the information. I wish the Arkies were a little more active, but I suppose we're doing alright. I've fished for smallmouth and trout my whole life, all over the country. Catfishing was always a bonus when we were camped on some random stream, but now it's starting to become more of a primary pursuit. I've got a boat, but no heavy cat gear, so I pretty much stick to the streams and the canoeable lakes. If anyone in Northwest Ark is planning a trip and wants some company, let me know!

Thanks guys

Kyle

13. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

Hey Kyle! Welcome aboard! I used to live in Lincoln and have hauled many a basket of Redear Bream outta there up in the headwaters where it's only waist deep. Just to show ya how long ago that's been the lake In Prairie Grove was called Budd Kidd. I now reside about a 1/4 mile from Dardenelle in Russellville. Cats get pretty big around here on the Arkansas! I LOVE IT!

14. r_do

r_do New Member

State:
    Paragould
    I haven't been for over a month until this past wednesday. My brother-in-law wanted to go boat riding. I told him, if I went boat riding, I was going to take a pole and do some fishing. Other wise it is a waste of gas. lol We used some frozen kaltaba worms and caught 10 sall cats in the Big Slough Ditch just west of the St. Francis river near Cardwell Mo. I had surgery yesterday and it will be a few days before I get a chance to go again. Have fun guys and keep us posted. Good reports make the price of gas seem cheeper some how. ha ha ha :D

15. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Gas seems to be the big inhibitor for me since all my spots now cost plenty to get there, and back! 20 to 30 dollars minimum with no extras. My son is in from Indy and we are headed to Morrilton Sat. Nite. We will try our best for something besides Garzillas. We have high hopes and my boy has new gear that needs trying out. Let you know what happens Monday. Wish us luck! May be better off with 30 dollars worth of Mrs. Pauls fish sticks according to my better half. :crying: They should be starting up soon with the cooler weather we hope. Later

16. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    With gas at $3.00 a gallon, it'll cost us $40-50 just in gas to get to the dam and back. its a 180 mile round trip. I do want to go again soon though.

17. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

Hey Wiscars!
    Try lake Overcup it'll beat the river hands down! I've seen fish dark out depthfinders, Really! I used to live on Overcup and I've been told it's rated third best lake in the state. I've caught many 15lbs and up on a regular basis this time of year. Try the marina on the dam side around the north side of the little island, fish between there and the pier. Be vewy quiet they start prowling round eleven. Wanna know a secret? take a piece of hailscreen about 1/4 inch mesh and a coffee can. Scrape the coffee can two or three times across the hailscreen and be quiet they'll come a runnin. Trust me! A couple of old timers have fed kitties in the lake over thirty years and they call em up using a coffee can raked over hail screen, I've seen it myself. Let us know how you do!

18. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

I almost forgot! Use Shad or Chicken livers the fresher the better. Good Luck!

19. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    I`m going to Russellville soon as the flow gets right. It`s gettin time.
    We have had the best luck there catching the 25 -35 pound blues drifting from the dam. Cut skipjack is best, but we are out. Hope to catch some of them boogers first.

20. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Catholic, I know what ya mean. I use to fish overcup a bit and have seen some nice fish come out of there. That lake has plenty of cover and easy acessable. Not a large lake but nice fishing hole! :0a18: