Are all swivels sized the same??

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by puddle jumper, May 9, 2009.

1. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    I know that hook from different manufacturer are different sizes, Are swivels the same?? Im looking to buy them in bulk and want to make sure I get the right size..
    Puddle

2. Cathunter Pete

Cathunter Pete New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    Swivels are sized like hooks they are sized differently though it's reverse of hooks as far as numbers. I use what I believe are the largest swivels 150lb swivel which are size 1/0. I've seen them the whole way down to size 9's. I hope this helps you some. 1/0 are the way to go I either use Lunker barrel swivels, and Eagle Claw barrel 1/0 swivels.

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    john if its the same design there close some times. I use a smaller swivel then most as I don't think you will put enough pressure on one to break a good made swivel.
    I can get them from way to small for me to even get the line in 10 lb or 15 lb, Up to I think a 880 lb test swivel.
    Also did you get my Pm on the Rod Blank? Sure is raining more here again this am.
    Pete

4. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I dont know if you plan to order from a catolog or on line but a lot of places either way show pics of the swivles in real life sizes. I buy some things in bulk from Barlows tackle. I know they use real size pics for their swivels and beads and also hooks as well. the catfish connections catolog shows actual sizes as well. that might help you stay with the /know the size you have been useing.