Archery season in Kentucky

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by hookeye, Sep 5, 2006.

1. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well gang,
    Its here!, Archery season is once again upon us here in the Bluegrass state. We had a very pleasant opening weekend weather wise as the temps were very mild and comfortable for this time of year. There was a lot of activity all day Sat but dropped considerably on Sun. They were moving well on Mon evening. We have seen a good number of nice bucks this year in the Taylorsville lake region. I wish you all a safe, happy ,and productive season wherever you are.

2. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I don't do much bow hunting but I do like to gun hunt. Something I been wondering, with the weather as hot as it is how do you keep the meat from spoiling. I guess ya have to stick a knife to them quick.

3. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yes you have to really work quick! Normally I wouldn't hunt this early but the temps here this weekend were very low for this time of year. It's been really mild with lows in the mid to upper 50's in the early morning hours.

4. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I wish you good luck, Bill. Be safe and go get that big Pope and Young buck!!

5. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Just got two stands up yesterday and cleared out the shooting lanes. Will probably start hunting next weekend weather permitting.

6. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    good luck to ya bill hope you get a nice one.

7. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I know a guy that stuck a nice little 9 point yesterday.

8. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    PA starts the 9th cant wait to get out!