Arcardia Lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfishcentral, Jul 11, 2007.

1. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I've never fished this lake but next weekend I'm going to OKC to take my soon to be brother in law out while the girls have a wedding shower or some sort of nonsense. They live pretty close to Arcardia and thought about doing some bluecat fishing. First is there any ramps open with this high water? I thought I had heard the lake was closed? not quite sure on that. I heard shad are sometimes hard to come by...any good places to first start looking. I looked on the tulsa corps website and didn't see a good map of the lake to get a better prespective on Arcardia. Anyone know of any online maps of this lake or hard copies that can be purchased in the OKC area.

Thanks

2. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I love going out to Arcadia. It is just about 10 minutes from my house. The week after I got my annual pass, the lake closed. It is still closed as far as I know.
    Here is a link to a site with some pics of high water. http://www.edmondok.com/special2/press_releases_current.html?id=P217

The corps has told us that it will probably be the middle of July before they can open the flood gate. I guess I didn't realize that the lake was so huge that letting water out might put everything from Del City to Tishomingo in jeopardy. Oh well, I guess I can wait a couple more weeks. The weather gurus have said that there is 100% chance of more rain for Thursday and Friday. I'm thinking about tying a trotline to my mailbox.:tounge_out:

3. catfishcentral

State:
    OK
    Well there are party poopers. The lake only 12 feet above normal and they close the lake. I"m suppose be be going down next weekend so it's sounds doubtful that it will be open by then. They live right by candian river so I might just drag the canoe down there and give it a shot.

4. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    The Canadian can do pretty well. You might want to contact Matt Trimble. He seems to know that area pretty well.
    There are some places to get to the lake that doesn't fall inside the park property. There is really good access beside the Memorial Road bridge. I haven't been there in a long time, but we always caught something. The channel runs under the bridge and there is a huge flat on the south side, too.

Good luck.

5. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    Chris

Memorial road east of I-35 you can get you canoe on the water. As well as 122nd st. East of I-35. That is the Deep Fork river that feeds Arcadia.

In between 122nd and Memorial is the Turnpike. That area has always look really good to me. I have done well about a 1/4 of a mile upstream from there.

Good Luck
    Dave

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Gosh, guys, I am getting old, but it seems to me I remember hearing the City of Edmond claimed Arcadia Lake, and the Deep Fork River as anything east of I-35, and could issue citations to those fishing there without their permits. Thought at the time it was just a money grabbing issue, sort of like these oil companies. I haven't heard anything recently of where they issue tickets...may be interesting to check with the Police Department to find out exactly where they draw the line.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Just googled a map of Arcadia. They show the lake body extends just a little bit south of the Turner Turnpike.

8. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    That would be good info to know. I've been beside the Memorial Rd bridge when the police came by. They never asked if we paid or had a pass. They just wanted to make sure we weren't doing anything stupid. I'd hate to get ticketed for not knowing. Seems like that ignorance argument just doesn't hold much weight.:wink:

I guess those of us who have paid for our annual pass for a closed lake are just out of luck for the summer. I wonder if there is any recourse....

9. catfishcentral

State:
    OK
    Thanks for the info guys. My soon to be brother in law lives on 122nd....about 6 miles east on I 35. You cross the deep fork first but the candian river is about 1/4 mile from his house.