Arcadia Lake October 2nd catfishing report

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by AwShucks, Oct 3, 2007.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    FuzzFace and I have been bouncing around out at Arcadia for a few hours a day for the last couple of weeks. The fronts that came through last week has slowed the catting down, but it is starting to pick up now. We been drifting in water from about 12' to 35', and what catching we have been doing is generally in the low 20's and near 35'. Been using minnows threaded on a kahle and circle hook like worms. They are set to bounce along about 8 to 12 inches from the bottom. Got some corn fermenting now and will try to bait a hole next week and see what happens. Most of the fish caught are running between 1 1/2 to 4 pounds, with some 5 and 6 pounders occasionally. It sure is nice on the lake with the skiers and tubers out doing other things. Don't mind sharing the lake with them, but wish the heck they would find someone else to show how good they are... I just don't care.

2. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Shucks, you sure picked some pretty days to be out on the lake. Good to hear that they are biting again. We got skunked out there on Friday night. :angry: Not so much as even a peck but we were landlocked, too.

Sounds like you guys were over by the dam, huh?

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Yes, we fished the mouth of the first cove south of the dam, and the mouth of the second cove on the south side. It was still slow, but picking up.

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Lawrence, how are they biting lately? is arcadia a fee lake, and if so, how much? are jugs legal? thanks

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Phil, got skunked the last time out. We have been averaging 12 - 15 cats per trip - mixture of blues and channels of about 3 pounds each. It is a fee lake, and they are sure proud of their fees. Its like $7.00 per car and $7.00 per boat. Senior citizens/retired military get a 20% discount. FuzzFace and I bought season passes so we can take two vehicles and two boats. I'll repeat my offer to take you along, whenever your willing. No problem on me, I am foot loose and fancy free... Fuzzface has obligations though so have to coordinate just a little.