Aqueduct Report

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by catfish slick, Mar 13, 2008.

1. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Well guys, the old cement ditch gave up another 111/2 Pound Cat today , took five hours to get, but it was worth the wait. seems I can only catch one at a time. They are still not biting to well up in the day. I caught this one on Anchovies, they wouldn't touch the liver.

Attached Files:

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California

good fish catfish slick.... one at a time is ok..... and no skunk..... great eating size......was it windy out you way?????

bayrunner Ray

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Good Job Phillip" - & Believe Buddy - "It makes no difference how long it took you to get that Bite - Because the name of the game is to get that fish when you do get that bite - "And You Did".
    :wink:

Way To Go :0a23:
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

4. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    No Ray it was not windy, it was a nice day, and short sleeve weather. You and Tom should come up sometime and we can spend a night fishing. I have miles of Free dry Camping. Its about the only thing I can do now day's that doesn't cost an arm are a leg. Diesel Is now over $430 a gallon in bakersfield.

5. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    morning Bert,
    I have all the patience in the world and to pass the time, I had my sack along for picking up trash and cleaning the fishing site while waiting for a bite. and I slipped on some of that loose gravel that they put on the banks and busted my butt, and I am so sore this morning, I almost couldn't get out of bed.

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Phillip,

I wish that a lot of the fishermen out there did the same thing or at lease cleaned-up behind themself, and maybe a lot of people will not slip on the loose gravel when cleaning up behind them. - LoL
    (Thing about it) :roll_eyes:

7. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Phill, I keep telling you to give me a PM sometime when you feel up to going out.
    This next week I'll be watching my Grandson so the duct is not an option but I hope to take him somewhere to fish.

8. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    I just came in from Fishing. Caught two little dink's. I had one in the bag when I decided to come home, I turned it loose, And wouldn't you just know it when I brought in my Big pole, I had one on it, and He had swallowed it to deep to remove. I seen some people Fishing at the bridge and I thought I just give it to them when I go by, so I stopped and said to them ,I have a small cat, would you like to have it. and He said no thanks, we live in a motor home. I had to scratch my head on that answer, I have no idea what he meant. Tom looks like I am going to miss the Mendota gathering in April, we have to go to Texas and visit our daughter. But when i get back we will do some night fishing, On the Duct, and you don't have to wait for an invite buddy, anytime you want to come up, we will go fishing, and that goes for any of you guys. Love that fishing.

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey phillip,
    :0a36:
    :sad2: Sorry that you are going to miss the Gathering at Mendota, I was looking forward to meeting you & learning some of your aqueduct fishing secrets.
    LoL:wink:
    But I will be down in Fresno until about the 25th of April, and I would love to join you & do some of that night fishing on the Duct + Maybe I could fish with :worship:Tom again.
    You do live in the Fresno area - don't you? :confused2:
    It could be like a "Mini Gathering". :0a23:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

10. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    good morning Bert,
    Yes I hate it that I am going to miss the gathering also. I was so looking forward to meeting and fishing with all you guys. But my wife is also looking forward to seeing our daughter after both of them being sick for so long. I am sure Their will come another time when we can all get together. Bert we live just a little west of Bakersfield in the little town of Taft. and the Aqueduct is just out at the edge town a couple of miles. I would be happy to fish with you if you get down this way, and with a little pryer notice, I will just bet we could get Tom and Ray to show also.
    Phil

11. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca

Yea Phillip - That would be cool :cool2: - because I'm planing on being down there for a few days after the Gathering, and Robb (daystachis) & maybe Joseph (stankbait) plan on doing some more fishing after the Gathering is over.
    :0a23:
    So when are you planing on going & returning from Texas?

Bert (Shania)

12. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Hi guys,
    Just thought I would let you know I fished the Duct yesterday and got rained out, But while I was out their I seen a guy catch a 34" 48# Striper. Man What a fight, it took him thirty minutes to land it , and he never even had a net with him, Some one else had to net it for him. Tom, he caught it out their where me and you fished that day you came down to fish with me. He said he caught it on anchovy, but I think he was using some kind of live bait. Hmmmmmmmm.

13. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Phillip, Thanks for the aquaduct update..... I'd like to see a fish like that caught from the ole cement pond.....I'm going to have to fix up a long pole to my net for future fishing up there....

Speeking of fishing, Gary "tofish" of Az met me at the Glamis Dunes for some riding on a "quad" and a little fishing before we got blown out of the idea..... Got two fish in 15 min on mackeral bait, before we departed back to the shelter of the RV and some cool drinks to take care of the dry air and dust....

Gary forgot to "roll up the window" in his truck and took some "sand/dirt" home with him....LOL "think you need a mining permit to take some of the dunes"

Here is a pic of Gary with us on the dunes....

Bayrunner Ray