Aqueduct lack of fish report,

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by catfish slick, Dec 5, 2006.

1. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Well guys, I made my daily trip out to the aqueduct, after lunch yesterday and fished five hours with no bites at all. It was a nice sun shining day with the temp in the 70s. just a beautiful day for fishing, But nothing I did however accomplish one thing, I had an accident in my fishing wagon. I had started home just before dark last night running along about fifty five when something happened so fast, It felt like I had ran over a land mine. First thing In my mind was my son telling me that we need to get a row bar in that dad, before you have an accident, well at that point I was about four foot in the air and when I hit the road it was sideways and sliding and I had no control over the situation at all. when it came to rest it had hit a brush covered bank on the side of the road and the front of the jeep was sticking strait up in the air, and My door was jammed so I couldn't open it. I reached for my cell phone, that was suppose to be on my side and it was gone, when I did find it I called my son and he came to my rescue. They are good about that. when I did get out I had fishing bait and gear scattered all over the road and I was shaking so bad I could hardly talk. all I can tell you is Jesus must have had his hand on me for sure. This is a 1955 CJ5 jeep with a 1967 Buick 300 engine and chevy truck four speed and disc brakes front and back with a full top and no Row-bar what happened was it snapped an axle off right behind the wheel and the tire got caught up under the finder and that is what through it up in the air like a Ten can. I will bet I have a row-bar before it goes back on the road. But for a while I will be grounded GOOD FISHING GUYS

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Man brother God has his hand on you for sure. Glad you are OK.

3. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Glad you are ok as well. Shows that we have to watch out when we are in our vehicles.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I would have needed th change shorts, glad to hear your not injured.

5. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Damn thats scary glad your safe and sound and in one piece.

Thats how they happen all of a sudden BOOM i've been in alot of accidents, when I was younger me and some buddys rolled a car doing 90 mph with the cops chasing us, car went end over end and i went out the windshield, lucky to say the least all I got was a few scratchs and some glass in my arm which is still in there , and it all happened in a flash next thing I knew I was on the ground and my buddys were trapped in the vehicle one hurt pretty seriously actually I got out of it with the least injurys......someone watching over me all these years for a reason maybe|!

6. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    You are right about that bud, being scary,:eek:oooh: It just takes a second and you can see your life pass before your eyes. I am still shakeing.