Aqueduct fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by catfish slick, Jul 23, 2008.

1. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Hey out their, anyone fishing the Duct up stream of the Buena-vista pumping plant and having any luck. the water condition down hear around Taft is bad, bad, bad. the water is Nasty and full of moss. and You cant buy a bite. the last three times out I came home with nothing. I guess it has just been to hot, I know it has been for me. and with the smoke in the air from all fires that California has been haveing doesn't help ether. I just thought I would ask.

2. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    i was thinking about tying the aquaduct off of garner field road in taft this saturday, after work. havent been there in a while. used to do fair there on anchovies or frozen shad.

3. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Yea Ray It is usually good fishing but Not hear lately. I don't know if it is heat are what . I have been trying during the morning and I guess I am going to have to pull an all night trip and see if that helps. Do you work in Taft are Bakersfield. I live in Taft and fish quite a bit off Gardner field road. Hey by the way welcome to the B.O.C. site.

4. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    i live in bakersfield an work in fellows. so i am out there 5-6 days aweek.

5. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Don't live out by you .... but i fish the duct all the time out here in central cali and there is some VERY large channel's and lineside's out here!!!

6. Moonlightn

Moonlightn New Member

State:
    California
    Let me know when you want to go do some after hours fishing!
    I heard that the aqueduct has been slow...

7. salmonslayer

salmonslayer New Member

State:
    california
    im lookin for someone to go fishin with i love to go catfishin and have some homemade bait to try anyone interested i live in chico :confused2:

8. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    i can always use another fishing buddy!

9. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    James, you are just a little to far North, are I would be happy to fish with you. Hey But welcome to catfish1.com anyway. you will enjoy your self it hear. and if you are ever down my way give me a call.

10. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Aqueduct Fishing. I may have found the reason why the bite has dropped off in the aqueduct. I was out at the sandy creek siphon yesterday fishing. I bated up and cast out, and with in ten minutes I had so much string moss on my line I almost didn't get it in. So I packed up and came home. Just a little bit ago I called the operator out at the B.V. plant to see when they expected the water to clear up and he told me that they had just treated it with Copper sulfide and it would be this way for up to a month. So then I looked up coper sulfide on my PC. and I now have a better understanding of why they are not biting. That stuff is toxic to fish and humans. I guess if we see those people from Los-Angeles walking around with one eye in the center of their forehead, we will know what caused it. Their drinking water.

11. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I don't fish the aqueducts much, but I have had a little luck in the aqueduct by Firebaugh. The other aqueduct I use to fish is in Tracy right off of Grant Line rd. If anybody knows any good aqueduct fishing in central valley let me know.

12. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I forgot to mention that I am new to Catfish1.com, but have been catfishing for years. My goal is to catch catfish in as many different places all over Cali as I can. I'm looking for a few chat buddies that can offer up some good info. I travel a lot to fish so keep in touch and I may look you up when I am in your neck of the woods. Look forward to hearing from anybody that loves to catfish, especially in the Fresno area. I will be at Sycamore Island this weekend.

13. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    welcome to the BOC sean!!

14. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Thanks. So you are from Bakersfield? I hear Lake Isabella is a hot spot for cats. I have never been, but I would like to plan a trip out there. I don't have a boat, do you know if it is an easy access lake? Or is it more boat friendly? Have you ever fished there and what do you think?

15. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    will be there august 22-24 you are always welcome to come. it is easy access from the bank. seen an oldtimer pull in a 44lb cat from the bank!!!

16. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    invite is certainly extended to you Scott.

17. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    friday night ,saturday night. not like it is a come home the same day fishing trip

18. salmonslayer

salmonslayer New Member

State:
    california
    yea if the darn gas wasnt so expensive id do alot more travlen but my land cruiser sucks it up, im waitin for a little money to come in and as soon as it does im taken me a road trip

19. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Scott... got to think about the drive over the "grapevine".... can wear out a good tow vehicle ... same thing with going to blythe.... got a couple of hills to get over, and if there is a "head wind" comming out of the desert,

may hit up the "Vine" for fri night til 2 am....

bayrunner Ray

20. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    BOOGER RELAX!!!!! Those things are made to be hauled around just take that sucker...RRSMITH this is jordan from fresno could I tag along?...I would bring my boat as im only 2 hrs maybe less from there...BOOGER if you want you are more than welcome on my boat!!!!