Aquariums

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TA2D, Apr 20, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Whose got em and what do you have? I have one at my parents house that has 2 fish an Oscar that is 7years old and Rapheal catfish that is 9-10 years old. The Oscar is right around 14 inches and just under 2 lbs, if you guys think that blugils are a tough fish for their size, I would not want to hook into one of the monster if they got into the 5-6 lb range! I will post pics tomorrow when I get home of mine but here's what they look like! They are a very thick fish across the back. Mine is rather intellegent, as fish standards go, he will stare at you as soon as you come into the room and will suck the water at the top of the tank telling you that he is hungry!

Aaron

TA2D

Attached Files:

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I dont have any now but I used to breed discus and also various rift lake cichlids such as Aulonacara Nyassae and albino Psuedotropheus zebra.

3. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I have two fish in my tank. One is a Florida gar, which is about 14" long and a Clown Knife, which is about 16" long. Great fish, but very mean at times. I'm looking for a 75 or 90 gal. to put them in.

4. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I used to raise Oscars. I started with two that were about the size of Quarters. I put in 5 large goldfish. You know those things hit about 12" and were still scared of the goldfish. The golds had tormented them growing up and they never got over it. Kept the water clean tho as the golds would clean up the scraps that the oscars left. Loved to feed them minnows.

Thanks for the pic.

5. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    I just have a five gallon tank with some tropical fish it, but love my time spent watching them. Right now all I have left is a few mollys and a couple red eye tetras.

Clarence.......those clownfish are extremely cool. A man that owns a little local shop here in Muncie has a big one in one of his tanks that he has raised up.

6. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    We have a 135 gallon with cichlids and a 65 gallon with angels.We reduced down from seven tanks to these two.They are very pleasant to watch.

Attached Files: