Aqua-vu Camera

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Rockjumper, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    I have seen big schools of channel catfish, like behind boulders, with my aqua vu, but I have never seen a flathead cat. I have seen everything but a flathead cat, muskie, or pike....Have you? What have you seen with yours?

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Paul,

Been a while since I have used mine, but I did get the opportunity to view several smaller Flathead Catfish located adjacent to a sunken barge on the Altamaha River.

The biggest issue was the water clarity, wasnt the greatest. I am hoping to get some footage recorded soon for the site.

There may have been some upgrades in the last year to these under-water viewing systems which have helped in the video feed quality?

3. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Hello Paul,

What do you use to record with? I have a camcorder and it doesn't have a video in. I have checked all my friends also. I was thinking maybe getting like a 12volt vcr or something. Just curious what you used if you ever done any recording.

Thanks

Paul

(you have a great name!) LOL

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    What model camera do you guys have. I have one of the scout models that I bought spur-of-the-moment, but have only used it a couple of times, but water clarity was an issue. Haven't seen much fish on it, but I hope to use it this summer during low water times.

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    My camera does not have the arrow feature that will show you in what direction the camera is pointing this just drive me crazy!:mad:

6. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    I have one of the originals. My wife bought it for me for christmas one year and I didn't use it much. Then I started using it and couldn't believe my eyes, there are fish down there!!! That is the hard part, seeing and not able to catch them sometimes. Believe me or not, I have seen schools of channels cats that some were as big as around 25 cats in one bunch. I have seen big schools of suckers laying on the river bottom also. I would love to record off of mine and show people.

7. cherokee laker

cherokee laker New Member

State:
    georgia
    I have tried the aqua view in the lake I live on, but never in the Altamaha, I assumed it would be too muddy to see clearly

hhh

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If these worked as well as the claim, I woudl love to get one, however I dont know much about how they work & thigns like that.

9. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I sure hope they work. I just ordered one yesterday, 10 minutes ago I got conformation it was shipped. It's the model with the bass camera 100 foot cord and some kind of special lighting they say is better. I don't know anything about them.
    If I can't catch them maybe I can watch them. LOL

Anybody have advice for me.

10. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    For all of you guys who have them how well or how do they work? I mean I would think the water would have to be super clear to see anything. I take it that it wouldnt work in the Mississippi here or anything like that? How well do they work with current? Just havent really had any experience with these and was just wonderin how well they work.

11. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I have a hard time with mine clouding the bottem up and then whenever I do get a fish in site it usually turns to the left or right should I take the guided fin off and the ballast weights or one or the other or what, does anybody have any pointers.Its an aqua vu scout with the perch camera.I always hear about how you can see your lures and baits and fish hitting them on it but I've never been able to find any lures or bait on mine.

12. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i have a frend , we fish arbuckle lake . for blues i know its very clear an we can see at 30 ft but only about 12 inches at that depth, lots of grass on the bottem serious arround the docks the kids watch bait fish ,we tried to watch a 40lb blue on a jug line but that was a joke took us a half mile to catch him,that was last oct. have a day.waste of good fuel money as far as im concerned.lol