Aqua View

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by shadcat, Oct 16, 2006.

1. shadcat

shadcat New Member

State:
    Marthasville Mo.
    Took the underwater camera out over the weekend. I found alot of bluecats starting to build up in the deep holes on the missouri river. The shad are schooled up also, we caught a 5 gallon bucket full.

2. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    I bought one of those things on line and the light don't work, can't see didly squat out of it!!!!!!! Were can I get it fixed at?

3. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I can't afford one right now but if I hear enough good feedback I'd like to get one. How well does in work in dirty/muddy water ?

4. idolg

idolg New Member

State:
    Colfax, NC
    I was wondering whether or not the underwater cameras were any count. They have them here in NC for about $100.00. I've debated on purchasing one for sometime now. It should be a beneficial learning tool. Looking forward to seeing what other people say about it.

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Thought about how well they would work. You would think it would not work at all. Being the river is to dirty to see 1 foot, and the current to strong to keep it in place without having it ski behind the boat.

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    A good underwater camera will allow you to see as good as you could underwater with the naked eye. My Aqua-Vu works pretty good in our lake but the water is very clear. I normally never use the light but I rarely use mine deeper than 25'.

7. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    has anybody ever had a fish hit it.could be expensive bait

8. onlyriverfish

onlyriverfish Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Name:
    james
    I bought one about 7 years ago. Never could spare the time to use it as wanted to fish instead. Now it is on my shop as video security system camera.

9. shadcat

shadcat New Member

State:
    Marthasville Mo.
    I have used it when the was very merky but the deeper you go in the water it gets more clear.It suprised me how clear it actually was.I used it last year walley fishing in a deep hole below clarksville dam on the mississippi river and what i found was blucats and channel cat stacked with the walley. The next day we caught our limit of BIG BLUES.
    I mainly use it for crappie fishing at Lake of the Ozarks in the winter time to see were their schooled up at. It is just amazing what you see at the bottom swimming around. If you do alot winter fishing for blues i would recommend getting one, it is easier to find them stacked up in the holes.

10. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    the better half got me one awhile back and they are nice,i mostly use mine to find the best spots to put out crappie beds,and it helped me to understand and be able to interpret what my fish finder is showing me...it helped me become a better fishermen.

jerry:wink:

11. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I was just looking in Cabela's Magazine, the cheapest Aqua-View they have is $199.95....Where are they @ for $100.00 ?

12. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
  13. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use mine for about all the above reasons, they really will help you understand more about all aspects of the sport.
    100.00 is cheap if it's any good. I believe I paid over 300.00 for mine.

14. shadcat

shadcat New Member

State:
    Marthasville Mo.
    I paid a little over 400.00 for mine and it was worth the investment. Mine you can hook your camcorder to it and tape the fish.

15. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I used mine today at a couple of brush piles... I could see plenty crappie but they wouldn't take a crappie magnet and I never had any minnows.

My Aqua Vu was $500. I tried several of them before I found one I was happy with.