April Snowstorm

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by bwanatony, Apr 12, 2007.

1. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    Here's a picture of my backyard taken this morning, April 12, 2007.
    I think its been about 30 years since we had this much, this late. We got a solid 5".
    I don't think global warming has arrived in West Michigan yet.
    I hope this means May will be warm!

Attached Files:

2. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    That is a pretty picture. I'm glad we're not getting any of that here in OK. We had an unusually warm March but now its having a hard time warming back up. Thanks for sharing.

3. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Beautiful picture Tony. Did you say that was taken in January!LMAO It's been so cold here on the East side of the state, that I haven't even checked my local creeks for suckers. Not to mention that this cold weather is going to effect the Turkey Opener.
    Pray for sun and 60 degree temps.
    Sparky

4. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    That looks exactly like my back yard.
    The sun is starting to come out now and things are going to get real sloppy today 35 deg. and rising. I think the river will rise a little from this.
    Time to go fishin.:big_smile:

5. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    Sparky-
    How are you going get a crop planted in this slush? Or didn't you get any of this over there?
    By the way, good of you to do some turkey calling for your pals, we all gain when folks are ready to help eachother out.
    Tony

6. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    If it doesn't warm up and get a little warm rain, then dry out, it will be the second week in May before seed corn gets in. Not to mention the potatoes. We don't put our veggies in til after the first week in June.
    We're still bagging spuds from last year. (all #2 grade). Cutting seed potatoes won't start til mid May.
    I still got time to hunt and fish though.
    Sparky

7. uapipefitter

uapipefitter New Member

State:
    potterville,mi
    Sparky, can you plant 70 degrees and sunshine? Maybe a two day plant and harvest type of seed. While we're at it how about a row of channel cats, limit of 10 inch redears, limit of crappies, with a side of egg,flour,salt,pepper,and a hot cast iron skillet full of oil.:big_smile:

8. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Trent,
    You are making me hungry. From what I understand in the long range weather forecast, next week it is going to start warming up a bit. Thats no promise the cats will be biting, but it a start to the season.