Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I finally got out yesterday. I hit the crik for some trout with my fly rod, but only managed several sunnies and a tiny bass. I should have kept them for my bait tank, but I forgot my aerated bucket:angry:
Though I did not get what I wanted, it was fun to finally get out and catch some fish---even if it was only bait.
Fish On.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The spring striper run is in at Raystown. I caught 3 stripers in about a matter of 45 minutes this past Friday night. Nothing big yet, these fish were in the 6-8 pound range. I had one on that probably would have been around the 15 pound mark but I was in a very difficult place to land fish in the dark with just one person and it got away from me. Hopefully I make it back home again to get some more time in during the run.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Angel Yellow Perch make good Catfish bait. That what I was useing last week with the over the hiller's. Cut them into 1" chunk's
I will keep that in mind Jim thanks for the tip... Didn't even cross my mind to use it... Well it was getting late and cold... So the little guy was spared...But next time..:wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.