April 12th first day of Trout season!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    This upcoming Saturday is the 1st day of trout season here in western Pa.! Any of you guys going Trout fishing? Its like a Holiday for me! :cool2: We have a big gathering at my house Friday night. Build a big fire, cook and eat a ton of food, drink some beers and get up Saturday and fish a bit. I don't take the fishin' part too serious. I just enjoy the company of my good friends and catching a few fish is icing on the cake! Oh yeah, it helps when the Trout stream is in your yard :wink:!

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    WE used to go to the mountains and build fires and all that stuff but we just don`t do it anymore, I`ll be on the Mon that week on the prowl for flatheads.

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

Trout fishing has been open out here on the Eastside for 2 weeks already. The only time I go trout fishing is for bait.

Stocked trout is not fun!

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I got out once so far for a quickie. the water was high and I only had spinners & rapalas...no live bait. I'd have sold my kidney for a nightcrawler!! The fish were stacked up under bushes and junk that floats in the eddies. I couldnt use what I had with. I tried the only crappied jig I happened to have along and lost 2. If I'd had live bait, I'd have limited out as fast as I could have rebaited. Seriously.

5. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    I been out four times and only had luck once. Two of the times I did not even see any trout. I am going at least once this week (got to fit it in with my catfish fishing somehow)

6. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I just spent the weekend chasing rainbows in Watkins Glen, New York.
    Didn't get any cause they were already spawned out . My friend did catch a 19 inch male and my brother caught a 16 inch male. It's either hit or miss up there.

7. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    It is pathetic---it has open here in the SE for two weeks and I have yet to get out there. :sad2: Hopefully, this weekend will yield me some fishin'. my new fly rod is burning a whole in my closet

8. webster_catman

webster_catman New Member

State:
    webster
    me and a buddy of mine made it out, i caught 2 and a buddy of mine caught one. came home and cooked them up right away. we decided to save the guts and took them to the mon that night to see if we could get anything on them and i was able to pull in two channel cats, each about 6 pounds.

9. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I know an old man that swears by troutguts for channels. They work when nothing else will.

10. webster_catman

webster_catman New Member

State:
    webster
    I belive it, I wasnt really suprised that they worked but i was suprised about how fast i got bites.