Appaloosa on the Coosa, and much more...!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by stumpjumper, Jun 16, 2008.

1. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Bumper and I decided to hit the Coosa River (GA) again last night for some more cattin'. A few nights before we had fished a stretch up river from a warm water discharge and had success. However, we only caught one Flathead that night. We talked about trying down river from the discharge to see if the warmer water temps. had affected their behavior. We ended up with another action filled night on the river, and this time, caught more Flatheads than anything!

We caught over two dozen bream and even three small channels before dusk. Our first spot we had a double within 20 minutes, a good sign for sure! In fact, we contiued to catch fish at every single spot we anchored the entire night. In total between the two nights we were 18 out of 18 for anchor locations; which seemed crazy not to get skunked at least once (we came close though!) Bumper pulled off a "last minute Flathead" at the 18th hole this morning.

In total we landed 16 catfish. Seven Flatheads, six Blues and three small Channels. The big fish was a 20# Blue. The river was definitely full of life, and, the night went by way too fast.

I have some pictures to share.

Attached Files:

2. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sounds like another good nite on the Coosa. I told you to leave some fish in there for others to catch! 18 for 18 - I'd take those numbers anyday!

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Those are some nice cats as always, Marc.

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Nice catch there buddy wtg!!!

5. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    All those fish are still in there, we released 'em all. We just fed 'em a little and tried to fatten 'em up for the next person, who will hopefully let em' go and let 'em grow as well.

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Nice catch fellas.

I swear you and Bumper do not work.

7. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    You two guys should take your game to the tournament trail! Good going.

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Yet another great report and photos from stumpjumper & bumper! :cool2: You guys are kick butt! :big_smile: Thanks for sharing and please keep the reports coming!