Apopka Lake - my florida trip

Discussion in 'FLORIDA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by gdk0925, May 16, 2008.

1. gdk0925

gdk0925 New Member

State:
    pevely missouri
    Morning all,
    Well I asked my mom what the name of the lake was that they live on in florida,she sent me the name along with another lake we are going to while we are down there.The lake she lives on is Apopka lake,suppose to be pretty good fishing therebut not sure what I should take with me as far as what kind of bait.Any info you could give me would be of great help.
    Thanks
    Gary

2. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    From one Garry to another Gary .... When will you be going to Floirda? It has been a number of years since I fished that lake, but there used to be some pretty good bass, bluegills and crappie in it. For bass in those lakes I like rattle trap type lures and plastic worms ... for bluegill I would go with crickets and crappies ... minnowsif you can get there while the bluegill are still in spawn that would be a treat to pull out some of the Florida 1 to 1 1/2 bluegill ... with find and fish the beds. If you are wanting catfish ... although have never caught any there ... there are probably channel cats and like most other fish in Florida get to be pretty good size. For them I would use Euro-crawlers ... on the bottom or if they are still spawning crawlers fish about18 to 24 inches below a bobber .just off of the bank or along liily pads .... I hope this helps you ... Garry-

3. gdk0925

gdk0925 New Member

State:
    pevely missouri
    Thank you for the info,I am leaving for there this thursday,and coming back to Mo,on monday.I plan on fishing for whatever I can catch:roll_eyes:,I am not very picky,yes it would be nice to pull out a 1-11\2 lb blue gills.I will let you know how I did when I get back home.

Thanks
    Gary