Apology

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by ryang, Jul 22, 2007.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I would like to appologize to all Ohio members. I dont know if it was just my remarks in another thread the caused such an uproar or what I thought some friendly banter was good. I in no way meant for anyone to get thier dander up to the point of quiting the site or getting angry. So if I did pi$$ some of you off I in no way meant it. Tight lines to all of you Brothers and Sisters.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I have no idea what was said, but if they aren't a big enough person to let someone else have and state an opinion... bye.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Did someone get thier feathers ruffled? AHHH! I'm sure they will heal.

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Dont get me wrong I should have PMed him and not hijacked another brothers thread with my banter. I take full responsibilty for that thread going where it should not have.

5. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    It was coming. You were just the proverbial straw. Don't let it bother you and I bet he'll be back someday. How do you just retire from flathead hunting if you are a successful hunter? That's right, you don't. The man doesn't live far from Seneca Lake which is also known as fertile flathead waters. He also does not live far from the Muskingum or Wills Creek. If he is the Great White Hunter, he will locate big Flatties in other spots.... Although it will be a long time before he shares a location though.

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i'm gonna be honest here...i didn't agree with alot he was saying, but...some i do...i wouldn't have went to the point of saying they were my spots, but...like i said...why would you tell? i have some great areas to fish at some local lakes....i like all you guys, but why would you spend the hours fishing and sleepless nights only to go BLAH to everyone? don't make sense to me..rollo

7. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    When I first came to this site I was awe struck that people would openly share techniques and locations. AT THAT TIME, Mr White was so proud of his spots, AND SO WILLING TO SHARE locations that I never thought to keep them under wraps. The man drove over to meet me and Netman at the ramp when he had no intention of fishing, to actually point out the exact location where we should fish. I am very sorry that he feels as strongly as he does, but.... I have learned that I cannot control his thoughts, emotions, or actions. I can but control my own.... sometimes! :confused2:

8. dylan543

dylan543 New Member

State:
    ohio
    what is going on i just got on haven't been on for a while so what happened?

9. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Lost as a goose in the fog here, if it concerns someone having "Their" spots on a lake or river, so sorry. When I go anywhere, I look for the spots and if I get in a spot someone thinks is his or hers, it better be on their land and posted. The rest if fair game.

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Yall can have my spots, they suck. lol

It happens folks, people come and go. You are a good man for apologizing though Gary.

11. pelark

pelark New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know that I haven't been around this site very long, but if there is one thing that I would expect from a bunch of catfisherpeople is that they are first of all good, honest folks. Good honest folks have a tendency to either speak their mind or not say anything.
    If I posted something that you didn't agree with...just say it. It really isn't any different than any other part of life. You like vanilla (coz its the best) and i like orange sherbet (coz I just do). Big deal...no need to get our panties in a wad over it.
    ryang has impressed me with his calm, easy-going attitude since the first day I joined this site. And no, I don't "know" him. I think too much time is spent kvetching everywhere these days...and everyone has to compete...
    Hey, I have an idea...let's all go fishin' and forget all about all that garbage...it works for me almost everytime.
    pel

12. lebeaux

lebeaux New Member

State:
    ohio
    I think I know this guy, well, not personally but I see him around. He's in the newspaper and what not. It never crossed my mind that he may give up a spot. I mean, I'll tell you what to look for or even tell you what lake or river I'm doing well @ but the rest is up to you. No ill will intended or anything but it's taken me years of hard fishin' to find good spots and there are a couple people I'd tell but that's it. Don't get me wrong. There are a lot of fine folks on this site but you never know when you may run into someone @ a tournament. Hate to get knocked out of the money by someone you told too much to.

13. lebeaux

lebeaux New Member

State:
    ohio
    On a lighter note. I'd like to thank everyone who has shared techniques, stories, pics and a couple laughs w/ me on this site. This is by far the best site like this I've ever seen or been on:big_smile: Another thing. I can catch big fish but I'm a little slow @ figuring out websites. I'm not sure how to send out a "thanks" so I'll do it now.....THANKS Y'ALL and GOOD FISHIN"!!

14. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    In my opinion this is supposed to be a brotherhood of catfisherman and that is what we are supposed to do,help others and learn from others,I dont have any spot that I have personally found that I wouldnt share with anyone on this forum,now there are spots that have been shown to me that I was asked not to tell other people and I wouldnt give up anothers spot if asked because I agreed not to show anybody.As far as spots I have showed people,I have enough faith in my ability to find fish anywhere I go that sharing isnt a problem,just my opinion

15. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    Tony, in my opinion you are the kind of guy everyone hopes to fish with. WHen I came out to fish with you at dillon with my brother.....you were very hospitable and a great host if you will. I really appreciated your patience and taking the time at the spillway with us and catching bait. Even though we didn't drift side by side we still shared a little small talk and had fun. After you got off the water I fished with my brother for a long time and we caught a lot of nice fish when the sun settled. We ended up talking a lot about fisherman and we agreed that guys like you were the reason fishing was great. Basically our talk was about how an activity can bring good people together and for the most part,,,,a larger percentage of fisherman/outdoorsmen are great people than compared to the rest of society.....there was no talk that day about secrets, spots, or anything. We met up, caught some bait, and focused on having a great time. Anyway just wanted to say I think you are a great model of what a fisherman should be, you were generous and kind enough to show me around my first time at dillon and we appreciated it. I also feel the same about fishing as you do.....if someone takes a spot I will just find another one..... The day that fishing becomes a competition between me and the rest of fisherman out there is the day it goes from a fun time to something I used to do........that is why I don't do tournaments and never have. THe only ones I would consider would be benefits or charities.

I grew up fishing because it was relaxing to be out there and it was something I could do that didn't cross anyone or bother anyone...just an honest activity. All this hype and chatter on fishing forums lately makes it sound like more of a job....of something people do because they have to....I always thought fishing was for fun....to pass the time with friends...something that would spawn stories you could tell and so on. Why has it become so serious that fights are happening...people are leaving....etc.???? Seems like everything is a competition now days between everyone....IF fishing is so serious to a person that they feel the need to pick a fight over a so called spot I think it's time to reevaluate life in general and kind of get some priorities straight.....

As for blatant disrespect while fishing or not...ie stealing bobbers that are in use (still laugh at that)....boating too close and unsafe stuff.....that is understandable. Just my thoughts here....I sure hope the forum starts to lean more towards what it was when I joined and we can all just help those who are new to the sport and so on. Passing on the torch and helping people who want to figure catfishing out is what the forum is about....this isn't a bragging, self inflating forum for the all knowing fisherman of ohio in my opinion....i always thought it was to keep track of how lakes/rivers are doing...to share tips and pointers,.....and to meet fellow fisherman....

ben

16. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    on a further note.....i got a truck this weekend so i can tow my boat for sure.....sunday i am going to try to head to dillon.....anyone gonna be out there during the day let me know....be nice to meet up with a few guys....

take care,
    ben

17. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ben I dont think its the "my spot" thing I think its more along the lines that you are taking the fish (possibly) killing them from a spot I "know" is good. Wether thats true or not last time I checked fish swim so that spot may be productive at times and just as non productive other times.

I can guarentee you tho you could send me to any of your spots with the same bait (from your bucket) and I doubt Ill even keep the bait on the hook :smile2: even its frozen shad it will come back to life and swim off LOL

18. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    I am a lost duck I sure dontknow whats going on.yall need to live down here in texas. we have plenty spots to fish.we dont have lots of fishermen to fish with ill show you my spot and ill gofind another one thanks sam D

19. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The last time I used that "I'll show you mine, you show me yours" routine, I ended up married...:smile2:

20. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    I needed that today.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's funny Ol Man....

ben