Apology from Bigmagic

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by CatfishSam, Mar 19, 2006.

1. CatfishSam

CatfishSam New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I can't login still not sure why. I created this username to issue an apology to Paul.

Recently for some unknown reason I was unable to login to the BOC. I thought I had been banned(I had received a lot of PMs and emails from people who claimed they were) and I mistakenly jumped to the wrong conclusion. Needless to say I was upset and acted like a total jerk sending Paul a totally unflattering PM via the old site. I was upset that I would be banned without a chance to explain myself or respond to my accusers. I plead guilty to stupidity in the first degree. I have been a member of the BOC since shortly after its inception. To be honest Paul and I have not always agreed but in the past if he had a problem with me he let me know. I didn't give him the same chance. For that I am sorry. I have lost some friends in the early days of the BOC and have lost some others recently(Banned or so they claimed now I wonder)
    The night before I had the problem I received a PM from a former member who said he had been banned and advising me to get all my friends to come to another site. This was maybe the third such PM or email I have recieved from someone complaining about this site in the last month. Some are still members some are not. I won't totally blame these people since I am a man and I make my own mistakes. I will say that at least one former was banned unjustly IMHO for wearing a competing sites hat in a picture. I did not know it had happened at the time or perhaps I would have sent Paul a PM then. I know that person and I know that even though he makes his living catfishing he is worthy of being a member and has done a lot for the sport.
    All this being said it doesn't justify my knee jerk reaction to not being able to login and getting the "not a valid username" message. It makes me think either the people who thought they were banned were not really and had some type of browser problem(which may have been my problem) or someone is trying to recruit members with some type of cookie which may be causing the problem.

Paul I'm very sorry for being a Jerk! I accept any punishment you deem fit and apologize to the membership here for thinking the world had gone crazy.

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Wouldn't have banned, but definitely would have e-mailed the member about the hat.

The response from that member would have been either:

1. A general respect and understanding, drive on normally.

OR

2. Member would have told me to screw off, and the reason for the hat was to advertise the main goal(s); advertising and awareness of his affiliation.

At no time, would it have been as simple as:

Hat = Ban

Like I said, all disputes revolve around Money / Exposure, or Exposure to Gain Money.

And in some cases; people being used like pawns to further a goal.

3. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Paul the new password worked Thanks and once again I'm a jerk for jumping to conclusions.

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    No problem Ron, glad to see your issues are fixed.

Welcome Back!

Paul

5. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    There you go, another great example of Paul and all the other mods keeping the BOC running smooth! ;)

6. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ron:

Took a big man to issue that big apology. I thought I knew you. I was right.

Larry

7. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Glad to see you back Ron,I registered to the new site back in August and couldn't log in for 2 months,(Through no fault of the BOC I'm sure)I visited as a guest till October and decided to re-register and have had no trouble since.This is the only fishing site I've EVER visited,(or plan to) so I guess it must have been some browser trouble on my end with my cookies or something.

Glad to see you back,I've always enjoyed hearing you fishing reports.Tight Lines Brother.

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont know you but welcome back!

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Ron, glad all is well brother. Take a man to apologize. You are a good man, we all mess up one time or another.

10. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I almost made a mistake one time LOL Man I make plenty of them. I have had the your not a member thing happen several times, I just click of, restart browser and sign on, it has always worked second time.

I could be wrong but I think sometimes my browser doesn't open completely.

Danny

11. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    im glad to see that it happened to someone else too.;)
    i had thought i screwed up and got banned myself. LOL

i did about the same thing and quickly felt foolish as well:eek:
    welcome back .

Paul can J.W. wear his B.O.B. hat in profile pic ???

he has a capitol B on each butt cheek when he bends over he shows his undeniable affection for his true brotherhood but i know he cant show that
    eric told me all about it and i take his word!:p
    BROTHERHOOD OF BASSFISHERMEN..................B O B

12. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    I know for a fact that Paul and the other mods are on top of problems, I had major sign on problems a few days ago and they kept after it until it was taken care of. I still don't klnow what caused that to happen and hope i does not again. I can say with all honesty that if every company did things the way the BOC does, that this would be a much better world.

13. balddaddy91

balddaddy91 New Member

State:
    East Liverpool,Oh
    same here welcome back

14. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Aw that gets 20+ right away, I don't care who you are thats funny DRC, and the best part is I didn't even say it this time.

15. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Sure glad to hear that Ron. Part of the beauty of this site is everyone has there own opinions and they may not allways be the same. I would hate to think you werent a part of it here. I know you have a wealth of knowledge and have probably forgot more about catfishing then most people will ever know and you have allways shared it freely to help others. :thumbsup:

16. ooonnnery

ooonnnery New Member

State:
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    The other night I too recieved a message when trying to logon, it said I was a guest, I simply reentered the site and entered my logon name and password, I was able to reenter with out any trouble. I just assumed it was a glitch and tried again.

17. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Its good to see men that are not affraid to apologize for mistake. Makes me pround to be apart of BOC.:rock-big: oh i like the the cool smileys to hehehehe

18. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Good to see everthing was worked out. I had a problem with signing in a few weeks back and all the guys on the BOC worked to get it straightened out, and it was. Good to hear Ron's back and ready to go, welcome back.

19. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Glad to hear all is well also, Ron does some great posts in the Missouri forum. I enjoy reading them.:)

20. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive had similar problems with other sites. I had forgotten my password and they basically told me tough luck, dont forget your password. Guess what if they dont want to help me I dont want to be there. The boc on the other hand will bend over backwards to help. This is home.:)