Apologies over here too....

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by CarolinaCatJack, Sep 5, 2008.

1. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    I feel like I have to write to y'all over here and offer my deepest apologies. I overstepped a boundary and called a Georgia resident a "yahoo" and a brother from the SC boards called me on it. :embarassed: I was actually referring to the fellow featured in jafacman's post about launching the boat and truck. I honestly do hope that the guy's OK, but again, I overstepped a fine line. My most sincere apologies are offered to all of y'all and I hope you don't take it the wrong way. It seems I can't laugh and joke and cut up anymore, so like I mentioned over there, it's serious catfishing discussion from here on out. Thanks for your time.

2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    No hard feelings here. Some people on here take things too seriously, but it would be boring if we were all serious all the time. It's nice to kid around sometimes too (especially about football :wink:). I don't think anyone believes you had bad intentions, and I also hope the guy mentioned is okay and isn't in a financial bind because of his vehicle.

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    hey dont be to sereus now you gota joke and have a good time some it be a borring life if all was sereus

4. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Don't let it happen again! Just kidding!!! :wink:

5. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    The day I have to stop kidding around and start being ONLY SERIOUS is the day you won't see me anymore! Feel free to come over here to the "Georgia side" and kid around with me ANYTIME! :smile2:

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I thought YAHOO was a site I used for my mail. :eek:oooh: You actually got called on somethin that trivial? I sure hope they never read darn near all of my posts. Whats next. "FISHER PERSON" LOL!

7. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Dont sweat it brother,,,
    :wink: There are some Yahoo's over here ive met them,,,:confused2:
    Puddle...:smile2:

8. jafacman

jafacman New Member

State:
    byron (macon area)georgia
    Hey MATT its OK but I have to say that when I saw it I backed up and paused on it for a second and determined that the comment was not directed at GA residents in general but merely a reference word for dummy or fool,ect....I have seen that its been edited out - I hope you chose to do that and the staff didnt - It really wasnt that bad .. Close to the line but not over it:wink:Dont go making a (Rebel Yell) cause this one will...LOL

9. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Didn't bother this Georgia boy. 'Bout the only thing that bothers me is when someone dishes it out but can't take it. I left my favorite local fishing forum because of that kind of garbage.

10. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Matt, It was obvious you were refering to the guy and not Georgians in general. And even if you were, I would still take it as a joke! Have'nt seen you online lately. Come on back. It's too quiet over here. :big_smile:

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I don't see where an apology is necessary. Had it happened in Ga, SC, or Timbuktu, it would have still been a yahoo. One can get hours of pure humorous pleasure at a boat ramp, just watchin'. :wink:
    Bill in SC

12. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    One can get hours of pure humorous pleasure at a boat ramp, just watchin'. :wink:
    Bill in SC[/quote]
    aint that the truth:cool2:

13. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Thanks for all the kind words, y'all, but everything has been worked out. I talked it over with another brother. Everything's COOOOOL! So, when're we goin' fishing? Seems that y'all like to "pass through" (you know who you are) and not gimme a holler. I'm waiting by the phone.....

By the way, y'all have probably noticed that I only get on during the week. I only have internet access at work due to an "incident" at home, but I have permission to access the BOC through the work servers. If y'all post to me or PM me during the weekend, I'll be sure to get back with everybody on the following Monday or Tuesday.

Y'all be good and take care!

14. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    You're welcome. Go Dawgs!

15. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    I can always count on Brother Parsons to fan the fire.....ORANGE NATION!! GO VOLS!!

16. AirForced->1

AirForced->1 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hey Matthew, It takes a big man to appologize when he is wrong, and some times it takes an even bigger man to appologize when he is not.
    My opinion is you did not say anything that most of us havent said or thought before. Also you did not direct the comment to a group in general, it appears to me that you directed your comment to a person that just had a lapse of judgement, I have them all the time :roll_eyes: if that makes me a yahoo, then dog gone it, YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For me :cool2:

17. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Everyone, again, thanks so much for the kind words and support, but it's REALLY not necessary. Like I said before, everything's been smoothed over and we're all cool again. I made a mistake, I paid for it, and that's that.

Jarrett, thanks for accepting the friendship. Always looking for guys to talk to....and do me a favor. Only my mother calls me "Matthew." LOL! You don't seem to be the b***hin' and gripin' type, so please, call me Matt from now on. Or, call me John Boy, like some of my other friends. Either/or, just don't call me late for supper. Now, as for Brother Parsons over there------>.......Call him anything. My nickname for him doesn't include "Paul" or "Parsons" anywhere in it......:big_smile_2: I know I'm gonna catch an earful for that one. :smile2: Y'all be good.....