Apache Lake

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by GarH, Jul 2, 2009.

1. GarH

GarH New Member

State:
    Arizona
    How's the catfishing at Apache? How did that fish kill a few years ago affect the catfish?

2. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    one of my partners at work, her husband said apache was a great fishing hole but a tuff ride to get there. never been but from what he said it sounded good.

3. suey

suey New Member

State:
    arizona
    the area south of the burnt corral boat ramp on the west side of the lake by the 5 or 6 buoys in a row is a good area at nite.. like a feeding shelf for cats to cruise after coming from deeper water...

i always had better luck on the south end of the buoys. anchor between the buoys and cast baits towards the shore/trees in 2-5 feet of water. you will probably be anchored in 12 feet if i remember correctly. one nite xwife and i caught 11 fish that went 130 lbs ... took forever to clean em

a friend of mine fishes the north buoys but its rockier there, and theres a rock pile marked. he fishes floats. baits 2-4 feet down and does well also...

like i said.. a huge feeding shelf of at least 100 yards of more.

baits, waterdogs work very well but get expensice...

i use to fish for gills and cut em up as cutbait... or id use 3-4 inch gills live

mostly channel cats... average between 8-15 lbs... and some flatheads, only a 18 there though....

for flatheads.. i know one guy that fishes 3mile island area with live bait and has done well, but this is a few years ago...

but.. best bet is to find a nice shallow flat next to deeper water and you should do well regardless....

4. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    I use to fish this lake years ago (13) my wife caught a 33inch channel out of there. Her biggest ever.

John

5. GarH

GarH New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks for the replies. Great info.

6. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hi Guys, With me learning Roosevelt area I have fished below the dam shoreline only during day, i day took a ride to check areas out, That burnt corral area looks pretty good. Has anyone ever taken a boat and fished the reeds just below the dam on the west side. From the road it seems to have catfish wriitten all over it?