Apache fishing trip

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bass or bass?, Sep 1, 2009.

1. bass or bass?

bass or bass? New Member

State:
    North Phoenix Arizona
    3 buds and I are fishing Apache Saturday from sunup to sunup Sunday. Never fished there before. One of them is renting a 25' pontoon for the trip. Any advice on decent spots to fish? I have a lake map and thought as far upstream as we can get may be the ticket.Thanks to all responders.
    ~N.A.F.C.~B.A.S.S.~BoatU.S.~N.R.A.~

2. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    if u go up river there is a boey line to tie off to right below the dam it looks like a good place to catch channels 2. i caught a 18# flatt there that was the only time i fished apache

3. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    pics of apache partially drained...might provide a different perspective as you plan your spots to try...

http://bicycling.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip.aspx?tripId=29611

4. bass or bass?

bass or bass? New Member

State:
    North Phoenix Arizona
    I saw those pictures a few weeks ago. Pretty barren!!!:crazy:Oh well, someone else is paying for the pontoon rental and it will be fun to fish with these 3 guys. Personally, I prefer to fish well up the river at Pleasant or Bartlett.:wink:Thanks again for the link to the photos.

5. Razzmatazz

Razzmatazz New Member

State:
    AZ
    That is perfect, you don't have to haul the boat there. Just find a nice cove that goes from 10 to 12 feet and drops off into deeper water. There are a lot of them there. Let us know how it goes

6. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    good luck guys and be safe lots of asses out this weekend

7. Razzmatazz

Razzmatazz New Member

State:
    AZ
    A lot less of them up there though.

8. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    yeah good luck out there. never fished apache but heard it was a good fishing spot. heard the road down there is a one way little winy dirt road so be careful. seen apache on a tv show a while back seemed good to me for some bass fishing.

9. bass or bass?

bass or bass? New Member

State:
    North Phoenix Arizona
    Yeah, I hadn't planned on fishing this weekend, but my bud called and said that his friend was renting the pontoon boat and did I want to go. I said sure since I didn't have to haul my boat AND it was Apache, since the road in keeps most of the lake lice away.
    There was a thread on the AZ Bass Zone site asking where everyone was fishing this weekend. I said you couldn't get me on any lakes on Labor Day weekend at gun point, due to the lake lice, but this trip is for my bud's birthday, which is the 19th, and I'm, bringing my regular partner with me as it is his birthday today, so this is a double birthday party fishing trip, and neither of us with boats have to haul them, so life is good. And I enjoy fishing with all these guys. We'll be doing both catfish and bass fishing. I'll post next Monday how we do. Happy fishing.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  10. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    this weekend if u wana go see some lake lice with nice tah tahs go down towerds the dam on the west side there is a cove with sandy beach it will be full of them:wink: party cove and with a toon u can fit a couple more bodys on

11. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    i never thought bout the road. but apache should do fine i know rosie is releasing a lot of water so the big flats are gonna be up river. sounds like its gonna be 1 hell of a b-day party. i might go to pleas manana and try my luck there and hopefully gone before all the weekend warriors get there. good luck every1.:wink:

12. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    Oh yeah! The good ol'days of telling the wifes we were going fishing and leaving all our rigs at home. Can't beat hum bug on Sundays , good times!

13. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    hell yeah but thay seem to catch on after a while when u come home smelling like coconut lotion:confused2:

14. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
  15. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    how was labor day wkend on apache?

16. bass or bass?

bass or bass? New Member

State:
    North Phoenix Arizona
    I don't know if you all are familiar with the rental pontoon boats there. They're 25' long, extremely heavy with a steel roof and framework and 2X6 lumber around the deck perimeter. Hard to stop. When we crunched our way into a bay to fish I'm sure fish for 1/2 mile heard that thing crunch on the gravel. I wasn't feeling well that week (or this either) and didn't fish well. No one did well. Total fish-2 largemouth bass (12" & 13") and 1 channel cat (21"). Had fun though, at least as much as I could feeling as I did. I sure missed having my own boat. If I ever do something like that again I'd bring my own boat. Those rental pontoons sit so low in the water that when you cross a wake, water pours over the deck, soaking anything that isn't on a seat, and making the deck soaking wet the whole trip.

17. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    my pontoon is 20ft and it will take some big ass waves and i have never had a wave come over the front of the boat but its not steel eather