Anything biting?

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA RIVER TALK' started by DANZIG, Dec 4, 2008.

1. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Thinking about getting out Saturday, should I take lots of bait or lots of beer??

2. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Better take some whiskey cause only thing biting around here is the wind and Jack Frost.

Walleye have been biting to but not on my line.

3. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    So much for that idea! It snowed just enough to make the roads a mess. Crashes everywhere. 5 requiring assistance right here in the neighborhood.

I just stayed home and did honey-dos all day.:sad2:

4. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Honey-do's ????? What's that ? All I get is a "Damn it" list.

And it usually starts with "get away from that #$%&%# BOAT !!!

5. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I set home and made deer bologna today.

6. jeep4wd123

jeep4wd123 New Member

State:
    wv
    I went out this morning behind the jail about 11 AM and about about froze my #@**# off. but I still caught 2 15 lb. channel cats on med. raw shrimp in 2 hours. They are still hitting. I know the inmates were looking out the bars watching me & wishing they were still free!!!

7. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    I don't know, I hope 2 get out pretty soon. I need 2 get some catfishing in b4 I ship out 2 Great Lakes Illinois for Navy bootcamp.

8. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    OK, I am going to give this another try! Snow on the ground but we are looking at 50 deg today. Wish me luck!:big_smile:

9. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    Just got a warm spell here 48'. Packed up the poles and frozen shad and headed to a couple spots to fish from shore. Had lots of bites, I think small fish the never took the 5" shad just pecked at it. Tammy caught a nice 4 1/2 pound Bluecat. I got skunked.LOL

Attached Files:

10. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Great day to be out but one little Mudpuppy was all we got. Had 4 decent bites but no hook ups. Kept losing nighcrawlers and thought we were just missing bites from the strong current(the water was high and muddy) But I now reckon it was the Hellbenders chewing them off.

11. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    I got out today for about 2 hours, I just had to break in my new rod and reels. I was fishing from the bank in Cross Creek just 100 yards from the Ohio. I was using my new American Spirit med/heavy rod and abu 6500 reel. The bites were better than I expected. I had about 7 bites and caught a 2 1/2 , 3 1/2 pound Blues and a 3 pound Channel. Both rod and reel worked great, I can't wait to put a real load on this new rod! Take-Care, Tim

12. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I hit the lake Saturday and cleaned up on the small Crappie. I won't tell ya how many, no one believes me.

All they wanted were minnows, would not touch a jig.
    Unfortunately the cat pole went unbitten (shad), and I caught nothing else either. Kinda weird, I usually get something else at the spot. A small bass, a striper, a bluegill, something else....

Heck of a day to be out though. 70s, sunny, and the lake was cold enough to keep the beer chilly! :smile2: