Anything biting?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by freshbaitrules, Apr 28, 2009.

1. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Has anybody been out in the DG area? I have not seen any reports lately and did not know if the bite was slowing down due to the spawn. By the way when do they blues in the Richmond area typicaly spawn?

I cross the river everyday and have noticed a lot less people fishing in the Richmond (Ann Carrows) area for shad and perch this year. Has this bite slowed too?

2. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Didn't see alot of people pulling any fish in. The river was kinda high and muddy. I caught a few white perch and an eel.

3. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    We fished Saturday and Monday. The bite was slow and the fish we did catch was smaller than usual. On Saturday we fished south of the Ben Harris but Monday fished around the Deep Bottom area.
    My neighbor brought a 65 lber (I gave him he&& for not releasing back in after a few pics) home yesterday which he said that he caught in 3 foot of water but I failed to ask what area he was fishing. He also said that they only caught 2 fish (the other was a 37 lber).
    As for the shad and perch, I have no ideal. We set out our net and caught and did not catch any hickory shad.
    I know its not much help but the only way to find out is to get on the water and give it a shot.
    Good luck.

4. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yeah I know what you mean, I bet that 65lber was "GOOD EATIN".