anyone??

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by bigfisher17, Oct 14, 2009.

1. bigfisher17

bigfisher17 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Anyone know of any good transmissions shops?
    I need my transmission rebuilt it went out this last weekend 4wheeling:sad2:

2. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    James tire and tranny shop in apache juction my brother in law works there and only does tranny nothing else and he hooks people up I send to him all the time. He rebuild a 2001 silverado tranny for $450! I am not saying I can get you that good of deal but Im sure he will work with you!

3. bigfisher17

bigfisher17 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Thanks!!!do you have a phone number for the shop?
    I need my transmission fixed a.s.a.p.:big_smile:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  4. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    (480) 983-3928 thats the #, but when you go there ask for Josh and once your talking to josh tell him matt his brother in law sent you down there!

5. bigfisher17

bigfisher17 New Member

State:
    arizona
    alrighty thanks for the help:big_smile:

6. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    No problem they will hook you up I got 4 brand new tires on my car for $120 and they are the touring tires so I save alot going threw them. He will most likley charge you for parts and 1/2 labor if that.

7. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
  8. Brett Connery

Brett Connery New Member

State:
    Arizona
    adolphs transmissions in glendale. they fix it rite an they dont charge to much but you dont have to worry about it.

9. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Matthew, that's hookin a brother up! Cool :cool2:

10. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    yeah ammo the guy that had the truck said They ripped him off and they charged him to much!!!!!!!! He said he could have gotten his tranny rebult for $200. $450 seemed good to me knowing my saturn costed me $1250 but oh well.

11. bigfisher17

bigfisher17 New Member

State:
    arizona
    THE only problem is that all the shops ive called cant really give me a price which I can understand so I came to the conclusion that after its all said and done towing parts and labor i would have put 3 grand into that truckplus whatever i have to put into now its a money pit so im going to cut my losses and buy a ford ranger prerunner or a toyota 4x4

12. bass or bass?

bass or bass? New Member

State:
    North Phoenix Arizona
    I had the trans on my 1987 Chevy S-10 Blazer rebuilt by Frank's Transmission, off of I-17 and Deer Valley Road. He's a bass tournement fisherman and can relate to other fishermen's needs. My truck runs like a bear now. I had to go to Wyoming the week after the rebuild, and it ran great. I didn't use 1 drop of oil or tranny fluid on the whole trip, and did the turnaround on $300 of gas!!!
    I HIGHLY recommend Frank!!!
    Frank's Automatic Transmission Service, Inc.
    2117 W.Deer Valley, A-2
    Phoenix AZ. 85027
    623-581-1165

13. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    my opinion Toyota:big_smile: better start a thread and find out what is best !:cool2:

14. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Better yet,let Rob start it !!:big_smile: Actually i already know Rob's answer to that ?

15. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    The truth is,that is a 727 trans in youre truck,one of the easiest and cheapest to rebuild,however,since it is a 4x4 it has a 200 lb t-case hangin on the back of it and all the related bracing and etc.That is why the labor charges are so high:sad2:

16. bigfisher17

bigfisher17 New Member

State:
    arizona
    thats what i thought it would cost more cause its a 4x4

17. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    So start the thread or pull the trans yourself.

18. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Like I said my borther in law would tell you how much before he even touches it... I know it wont be anymore then $1500.00... BUT all I can do is recommend the place its bigfishers choice to take advantage of the deal.:wink:

19. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Is that because I happen to own one? LOL Toyota all the way baby! A little Tacoma 4x4, in my opinion ONLY, is the best off road truck period (non rock crawling, Im talking trails etc). They are goats, and will climb anything, short wheel base, never been stuck. I love it.
    Oh yeah, 275,000 miles on 97, only thing fixed so far, Power brake booster, alternator. Maintnace itens of course like timing belt, belts, battery. If you like turning a wrench, go American.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  20. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    :crazy:NOW WAIT A MINUTE !! :angry: Don't we assemble the parts ?:confused2: on both tundra and tacoma. or do you mean American companys , :embarassed: That have sold us down the river ? :sad2: The best way to handle it is go used :smile2: Toyota .:big_smile: but that is just my opinion.:wink: