Anyone

Discussion in 'LOCAL WASHINGTON TALK' started by littlefish123, Jun 24, 2009.

1. littlefish123

littlefish123 New Member

State:
    Washington
    So we don't many Wa catfishermen here.

2. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i'm sure there has to be some , but i'm not one of them by the way welcome to the BOC

3. littlefish123

littlefish123 New Member

State:
    Washington
    Maybe its still early yetMaybe I'll the first to give report, I'll talk to some of the locals when I get out there.

4. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    welcome to the BOC Steve

5. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    welcome to the boc!! theres got to be your peps somwhere on here! good luck, shane

6. BigLon9

BigLon9 New Member

State:
    Kennewick, Wa
    Kennewick, Wa here, The cat fishing has been decent as of late on the Snake river and Columbia. Cut bait is the way to go for baits (squaw fish, sucker) the fresher the better.

7. frownie1

frownie1 New Member

State:
    washington
    i have been cat fishing for about 5 years and i know a few ok spots but i recently started fishing the columbia river near Kelso for sturgeon...so far pretty good caught a bunch of 20 to 30 inch shakers and 1 legal 39 incher. but i am looking for a good catfish hole in the same area if any body can help i would appriciate it. and i will share the info i have to those of you new to the area

8. BigLon9

BigLon9 New Member

State:
    Kennewick, Wa
    I've caught alot of salmon and steelhead near Kelso but never any catfish. Not sure of any places near there. But if you want to have some fun catching sturgeon head to bonneville dam, the shad run should be winding down but you can still catch the HOG sturgeon (10ft-18ft+ fish) If you have kids take them along they will be amazed at watching a 18 foot sturgeon tail walk across the water.

9. frownie1

frownie1 New Member

State:
    washington
    i know there have been some decent cats caught near tongue point in oregon so i would assume they are in around kelso someware. yeah we are salmon fishing tomorrow and we will change up for sturgeon in the evening. either one will be a blast. my wife dont eat seafood or fish except sturgeon and perch she loves them both so thats more what i look forand cat fish is my favorite to catch.

10. ultasol

ultasol New Member

State:
    Washington
    Any of you guys hit a hot shore spot, please share. I don't have access to a boat right now but love to fish for cats.

I'm going to try a spot in Columbia Point Park tonight.

11. Gmccolley

Gmccolley New Member

State:
    Washington
    I have been landing a few bluecats in the walla walla under the train bridge. going to try chicken liver but have been getting a few smaller ones off of worms. using slip bobber seems to work good with about 8-10' of line below.

getting ready to head out there in just a little while and fish the day away. so when me any my son get home let you guys know how it goes.

Gary

12. GregRobinson

GregRobinson New Member

State:
    Walla Walla Washington
    I've been getting a lot of dinks off of the broken bridge just upriver of the train bridge, slip float a few feet down with crawlers. Caught about 12 tonight, not much size to them, just about on the lower end of just right for eating. I need to start hitting the cut bank under the highway bridge, I've caught a few really nice ones in there, right along the shore.

13. GregRobinson

GregRobinson New Member

State:
    Walla Walla Washington
    I've heard a lot of good things about a place called bateman island or something along those lines. Otherwise you're not too far off from the Walla Walla River and the bite's been pretty good from about 2000-2200 all week for me.

14. ultasol

ultasol New Member

State:
    Washington
    Been fishing Bateman. It's hit and miss. I keep hearing about the cats caught there, but in the five nights we've fished it we've only seen one caught.

We tried fishing the Hood Park, but it closes at ten. On the other side of the river, the park closes at dusk. How are you accessing the area under the railroad bridge?

We've been trying a bit of everything as bait. The hot bait that everyone at Bateman's seems to use is hotdog. We've tried liver, hotdog, worms, and cut up perch.