Anyone with info on Salem Lake(Winston-Salem?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CarolinaCats, May 21, 2007.

1. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    We going to sneak out wed and try out the new crestliner my fishing buddy just bought. We thinking about going to Salem Lake in Winston Salem North Carolina for a little break in time. Anyone of you Carolina Whisker hunters ever been to Salem Lake? Thanks in advance for any help!
    ~ Teddy ~

2. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    i think they have a horse power limit on the lake, it does hold some large cats, i have never fished it but talked to the people who run the lake several times and seen some pictures of the cats they catch, If i remember correctly they have a tournament too.

3. mycat

mycat New Member

State:
    winston sa
    I think there is a 40 hp limit. Got to take your prop off if over that. Don`t think you can get on it at nite. $4 to launch & $4 to fish. They don`t get very many cat off the pier.

4. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    try getting in contact with Brab (cattledogz) she lives up there and may know about it.

5. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Thanks folks! I did find the website for the lake. Its says anything over 50 hp to remove prop. Im good with that. Just curious about the size of the Cats there and if its worth while. Was hoping to find a tourny around here for June 9th weekend. But dont seam to be any. Guess we will head to highrock and do a little practice then. Thanks for the info!