Anyone watch KOAM news in MO?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by CuzICan, Jan 11, 2010.

1. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Hi I was interviewed today by KOAM news about our subdivision and the road that passes through it..No one does maintenance on it and therefore it never gets plowed when it snows, we are just stuck until it thaws. I have been here since last Monday, and not stepped out the door, for one thing I am afraid of falling on the stuff. It is not a state road but there's apparently an argument whether it's county or not since the developers built the road that goes throughout our subdivision.

I was glad they came because the county does plow the adjoining main highway but refuses to plow our road, which is black top, it's NOT like it is a gravel road. There are 25/30 families down here and 3 of us that I know about have 4 wheel drive, so if we can't get out then everyone is stuck.

Anyway it will air at 10 tonight on FOX and KOAM, and don't know that I'll be on there, but I might.

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    A star of the TV news,,,, right in our midst

3. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    what channel is that on regular tv. is it 22-1?

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hot dang i knew my ship would come in. I married a movie star. Gettin me one of them big fancy cameras and it's gonna be action, Roll em from this point out. Tryin to find one of the director chairs and buyin a new bulb for my shop lite.

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Don't forget to get that new collar for your dog, you've been wanting for so long!!!!

6. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    sounds like all of the property owners there need to pull together and form a property owner's association. Make it a legal corporation. Then you will have the pull to hire your own snow people and maybe get a deal on trash removal. Everyone pays in a few $$$ a month and the amount can be adjusted if needed. If everyone on that road already pays for trash removal you might get someone's attention if everyone tells the local government to stuff it. Whoever is on your county board/city council needs to be invited to your first meeting.

7. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Well they did use my clip for the news tonight, so that was a first for me, being on TV. I sure do hope that it does get attention for the conditions out here though.

thanks for the all the responses and I didn't know what channel that would be on another system because we use our local cable company...it's channel 7 KOAM on our listings, but who knows where it would be on another companys' roster.

8. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Maybe some tax dollars could be withheld to get a little attention. Naah, then they would make y'all out to be the bad guys. Glad you got to say your piece. Way to go, sis!

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I knew ya had talent !! Just couldn't figure out at what!! LOL Sounds like John needs a roadtrip to me. He needs to get away from all this !!

10. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well they did use my clip for the news tonight, so that was a first for me, being on TV. I sure do hope that it does get attention for the conditions out here though.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was seen in the audience of the Jerry Springer show, 3 times,, and once at the end, in my bibs,saying "We Love You in Indiana Jerry" :Happy::Happy::Happy:

Jerry,,, Jerry,,,Jerry

11. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Yeah, I forgot to tell Jeff too that we DID have a POA, which the residents voted to dissolve the year I moved in here :/

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Vote for Cher for city council woman. Go get them girl.

13. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
  14. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
  15. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    LOL, it is BS since they plow the MAIN road that joins ours and this road probably right at a 1/2 mile long, it's not like it's 2/3 miles up in here or there's lots of side roads to the subdivision, it's just one road passing through the division...

Sorry I looked so bad in that I had JUST walked in the door from work, and I was so tired and didn't really want to do that, but felt since I was teacher and talking about NOT being able to get to work, maybe that would help the situation. Didn't even get to brush my hair...well, my little bit of vanity is showing through, I don't mind being my age, but I still like to look half decent :/

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  16. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Way to go Gary!! I swear this guy can find anything!! LOL

17. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    hell u looked fine looked like a good ol down to earth person. lol. :good: