Anyone want to trade 2 110's

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by channelcat_tracker, May 25, 2006.

1. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i know i have friends in this section. well i have a question for you guys. i have myself a nice 220 connibear trap. well i found that there arent many coons here and selling them, i would get pretty much nothing. so would anyone want to trade 2 110 connibear traps for one of my 220 connibear? thank you for whoever wishes to trade. i have lots of muskrats in one of my ponds that i fish but i have no signs and never saw a coon there before. if you want my trap, just P.M. me and ill send you my coordinates. god bless you all:lol:

2. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    pm me with your address and I'll send you a couple of 110's and you can keep the 220 for future use.

3. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Tony, just curious as to why you think this?

Fishhook, thanks for helping out this young trapper!

Smitty

4. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Sounds like a nice trade, but i only have one.

5. channelcat_tracker

State:
    Iowa
    my problem is is because i have yet to see scat, tracks, fur and marks from coons yet i havent seen any. plus all the people that fish this pond and hunt it (nobody traps except me and my brother their) they tell me they havent seen coon. their are people there that catfish all night with big spot lights and everything and they said they havent seen any coon. camanche really isnt a big coon town but the coon are about 1 mile away from my house where the peta are safely protecting them.

6. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    You live Iowa right. I hear tale down this way that Iowa has more coons per sq foot than any other state in the union. Really Tony, I catch more coons where there is no sign at all. In fact, I don't like to set on coon sign where they have been feeding, because it means the coons have already been there. I do how ever like to set the feed trails for them.

7. channelcat_tracker

State:
    Iowa
    alright but i still want more traps for muskrats than coons. i am told by my friend that he thinks they are a b()*#&*# to clean. he says even though they sell good, you put lots of work into that 10 bucks. i know i have lots of coon a mile away protected by the peta but i really dont think coons are in this one area. i think it might have been from 10 years ago when i was a baby that coon was ending and lots of people night shot them coons there and i havent heard much about them yet. plus i wouldnt know where to set a body grip for them at?

8. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hang loss little bro, and I will help you out come trapping season. If there are coons one mile away, there are coons where your at also. Coons are easy to dress, as long as you understand what you want your end result to be. Clean skin them ready to go on a board.

9. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Cuttingout69 has you on the right track. Coon are one of the easier animals to put-up. Gotta admit, I've heard of clean-skinning beaver, but never heard of it on coon. I skin 'em & throw them in the freezer for 15-30 minutes to harden the fat....it'll scrape-off alot easier, and with alot less mess.

Smitty

10. channelcat_tracker

State:
    Iowa
    thanks for your replies, cuttingout69 i sent you my address and everything yesterday. going catfishing all night with my buddies on a private lake. 5 to 8 in the morning