anyone want to go to Mark Twain lake tomorrow, may24th?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by roadkill636, Apr 23, 2009.

1. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    Ill be heading off to Mark Twain lake tomorrow the 24th, the crappie are suposed to be starting to hit real good near the banks, Ill provide the boat, You bring some beer and goodies,

PM me if your interested

2. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    tommorrow may 24th? .....lol i was thinkin about headin up there myself, anyone know what the level is like?

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I'm looking for a place to go tomorrow but I don't mix beer and boating. Or even ride along when someone else does.:roll_eyes:

Be careful and Good Luck!

4. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    i was there last friday and the water was not up terribly high or anything id say it is a 2-4 feet above normal....but i usually fish there later in the year so i dont know what normal is this time of year given the usual spring rain.3

5. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    well, jeremy and i are headed to m.t. today wish us luck my brothers.

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Don't eat ANYTHING out of his livewell!!!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Ask him why.........he'll tell you!:wink:

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Y'all catch anything? I was up there Wednesday, and shad were spawning in the coves. I guess that's what they were doing. A bunch of them were floating around on the surface half dead. Birds and turtles were having a feast. Looked like a real good day to be fishing. I only fished for a little bit, but didn't score. I did put a 4" shad on a jig head on my ultra light, and got a real hard run. I was trying to get my drag adjusted, and I got some slack in the line and the fish got off. :sad2: Bass, striper, flathead??? I don't know but it peeled most of the line off my reel.

8. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    no we did not catch a thing, beautiful day, a little windy. it was like someone flipped a switch and turned them off

9. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    yes... i know, but typicaly i dont eat bait:wink:

10. RRRKKK

RRRKKK New Member

State:
    Quincy IL
    There are several sites you can check, Clarence cannon dam .com of chiggerhill.com both give updated water temp and lake levels.